Chapter 3

_________________

"First things first imma say all the words inside my head"
-Imagine Dragons
________________

Obsidian

She woke up hours later with a headache and winced when she touched her neck.

She looked closer at the cage in front of her to see that a dark angel had returned and was now sleeping on the cold floor. 

Shaking. 

But that was no real concern for Obsidian so she shrugged it off knowing that Eden had done this often. They've been 'roomates' for a while now, probably a year according to the tallies marked by Obsidian on the ground.

A whole year Obsidian thought to herself in astonishment.

A year of torture and unnecessary 'therapy'.

I don't believe I fully explained what this so called torture was, only briefly mentioned how painful and traumatizing it is. 

So, first the 'subjects' would be cross examined for their physical and mental state. Questions can be personal or subjective.

Next..... well it isn't something I would like to clarify but it is different for everyone. 

Some are drowned. Left in dark spaces with sound waves that alter the brains conductivity, placed in a room with little to no heat or too much heat. Oxygen deprivation and many more different methods.  

All were really just different forms of torture.

Some have gone crazy being here and kept in solitary for their own protection.

To The Head this was all a form of different tests that would observe the pain tolerance and mental ability of a so called 'experiment'.

Obsidian began to think about what life was like a year ago, more pleasant times than this. She rested her head again the shiny metal bars, closed her eyes and drifted to another time in her sleep.

***

"I'm obsessed with your face", a voice said in an English accent. Her beloved year and 6 month boyfriend, Aric who had just then kissed her on the cheek.

He decided to be a romantic that night and decided to kiss her good night before she slept.

Of course this gesture had it's risks, he was speaking to her by her windowsill on the second floor of her own home (He used a tree that was conveniently right near her window).

"I'm sure that's not all", Obsidian said with a whisper raising an eyebrow playfully and smirked.

Her boyfriend was not approved of by her parents because he himself was bad news, a rebel, a playboy. But that's a story for another time, yes?

"And as always you're right, there's more of course", He said indefinitely.

"Which is?", She leaned closer toward him.

"Your personality if it wasn't obvious enough. It's like reading a book and loving every chapter", He moved in closer, lips almost touching. "Every word on the page-". He was cut off by the kiss he received and searched for by the girlfriend he loved so very much.

She ended it quickly before things escalated as they would most times.  

***

These were only some of the memories that Obsidian liked to resurface, she didn't want to taint her  reputation with tears about someone who had supposedly died. (A terrible accident really but that's a story for another day)

***

Obsidian shook herself out of sleep and was transported to the white room for questioning. She was roughly shoved into the chair, chained and blindfolded.

Her abilities were..... eye opening and dangerous to those even just a few feet away from her. She could see what needed to be hidden. A special type of sight which allowed her to know another's emotions.

That wasn't all but we can discuss that on a later date although it will be obvious when known.

"You killed your parents?", The speakers voice asked.

"Operator" Obsidian started out, exasperated. "How many times do I have to say 'Yes?!' I'm not proud but I'm sure as hell not disappointed"

"Any reason as to why?"

"Yes, I always have a reason.... actually that's not true is it? ", Obsidian joked and placed her feet on the desk. "You guys already know most likely so I'd rather not expand".

"Have you discovered anything new about yourself yet?", The voice asked in a monotone voice. On the other side of the mirror The Warden stood, glaring at her relaxed state.

Obsidian smoothly placed her feet down and smiled. "Yes I have, do you want to see?". 

She ripped her arms free of the chains.

She stood up and quietly removed the blindfold and stared at the mirror. 

Her eyes glowed a brilliant white.

The workers from the opposite side didn't move, couldn't in fear of what she would do next. She was the most difficult and carefree 'subject', the most dangerous even without her abilities.

Obsidian stared straight at the mirror and walked closer until at least one foot away. More specifically she was staring at, "So you wanted to know if I discovered anything new about myself ?"

No one answered her and The Warden just gazed in amazement. "Rebecca is it? Basic but pleasant might I say. You have a child?"

Obsidian had seen the operator before in person in halls once. She heard her voice and admitted her into memory.

"..... No. No I don't", The operator Rebecca said.

"There was hesitance in your voice", She clenched her fists. She never liked liars

"Oh hey Warden. How's your neck?", She asked cheekily. The Warden brushed over his marked neck with his fingers and breathed out in anger. "How about I come finish what I started?

"Because I don't want to hear your next breath."

She punched the glass with all her strength.

Well, what do you know? Super strength.