"Gran Mag..." Parts X, XI

"Gran Mag...”

Summary: Utterly for fun.  Sheldon is in deep, deep trouble.  From certain povs.  When Amy's older sister blows.  Into town.  For Halloween and their engagement party. 

Helps if you look up the wondrous Charlotte Gainsbourg.  And one of the better pics of the equally wondrous Maggie Hamilton. 

Disclaimer: BBT is all Chuck's. 

Part X. 

Slightly nonplussed to find our comic book fixer, Stuart, ready and waiting for me, I extended my catlike senses.  Ready to take flight at the slightest sign of the approach of a Fowler, female gender.  And calmly addressed my confronter after taking the seat he'd offered. 

Dusting, of course. 

"How did you know I was coming?..."

"Amy telephoned that your guys were all out looking for you and to let her know if you by any chance surfaced here.  As a former beau, despite the fact of our rather rough parting.  I promised to keep a lookout.  I'd a feeling you'd show here.  Milk?..." raise of glass. 

"Yes, please.  Have you called her?...You mustn't let her or anyone know I'm here.” I scan all exits for the best and most secure exgress in emergency situations, including a posse closing in as Stuart rises to fetch the promised milk...

"I haven't.  Yet.” He sighs, handing me a glass of Nature's perfect food.  Eyeing me as I seek any possible weapon.   "What are you doing?..."

"Looking for a weapon.  .I promise to use minimal violence, but I can't permit you to let Amy know of my whereabouts.”

"Sheldon, I haven't called Amy.  Though I promised to.”

Narrowing of my eyes to express disapproval. 

No one lies to my finance.  Even to help me protect her. 

But, there is the possibility Charlotte has already infected and assimilated this node of our universe.  I must be shrewd. 

"And why wouldn't you call her.  Having promised to.?"

Stuart.  Sigh.   "I thought I might help her better by talking to you.”

Hmmn?... "Do go on.”

"I care about her, Sheldon.  And I'm your friend.”

"Possibly.  Yes.  And.?"

"And.  I could guess that you might be having a few.  Jitters.  Prewedding.”

Why does everyone keep assuming that?...

"It's understandable, if you do.  I thought you might come here looking for a safe haven.  It is a corner of our universe Amy rarely visits.” smile. 

"I see.  Oh, and please accept this annoyed frown as a delayed expression of barely restrained jealous rage at your mention of having feelings for my fiancée.” annoyed frown.   "And you really though I might come here, with the clichéd 'cold feet' of a nervous nelly of a fiancée?..."

"Aren't you here?...And don't you have the clichéd cold feet?..." firm stare, cocked head. 

One must admit.  Though he is wrong on particulars.  Daily exposure to comic books does confer a certain wisdom about life and Humanity. 

"I don't have even lukewarm feet, Stuart.” I proudly note.   "My feet are seething hot with love for the divine Amy Farrah Fowler.  But I did need to flee to sanctuary tonight.  And I do need your help.  As does Amy, though she doesn't and must not know it.”