1//When Everything Started

Chapter 1
"There is a time when we believe that everything finished but we end up starting the beginning."

___________________________________

Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Dear Diary,
I am back again. I am back again my unknown friend and I need you now more than ever. You have always been with me. Your pages held the pain I always felt. Your pages bore every tear leaking my eyes while writing. It bore every silent scream. You were also with me in my happiest times. The times were I felt that finally, I have achieved everything I ever wanted. I just wish that I could go back to the pain I was feeling. The pain I was feeling was not as cruel as the pain I am feeling right now. Sitting on his grave crying is one of the worst pains that I have ever endured. Imagining not seeing him again makes my heart aches. I still can't get over the idea that he left us alone. He left us alone in this world. He chose to leave us and I hate him for that. I hate him for choosing to leave us alone. I want to hate him so much but I can't. I can't just hate him after all the love I had towards him and still, I love him so much. I sacrificed everything for him. I stood against everyone just to be with him. I ignored all the rumors about him. I ignored everyone warning me about him. I ignored everything bad about him and I just saw the good in him and that's maybe why I am the one who lost everything.....everything.....

I sigh at writing the last word and I stare blankly at my diary. I bring the first page I wrote in my diary and I decided to relive all the memories I once lived again.

Monday, September 15, 2015
Dear Diary,
I wake up today my body aching so much, my head spinning, my cheeks hot and red. In addition to all of that, I didn't get enough sleep from all the sobbing. I try to get up from the bed and I head to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror. My cheeks are red and they have some scars on them. I have a black eye. God! I look horrible. I wash my face slowly and softly to avoid hurting myself. I put on some make-up to hide my scars and bruises. I make my hair into a messy bun. I wear my black batman sweatshirt which is double my size and It doesn't reveal any of my body. I head downstairs to make myself breakfast. Thank god, Jack is not here. I finish my breakfast and I take my backpack then I head out of the house to school.

I walk to my school as Jack refuses to let me buy a car. He is like punishing me for something I never really had an intention to do. He hates me so much. I really can't say the same even though he makes my life a living hell but he is my brother. He is the only family I have. I just hope that he understands that I am his sister too.

I am Scarlett and I am 17 years old. I am from Australia but I just came to live here in California. I have been in California for 1 week now. As you can conclude, today is my first day of school. I just hope that it passes. After a long way of walking, I finally arrive at school. I enter the school and I already feel that all eyes are on me. I ignore the people's whispers, laughter, jokes about me, fingers pointed at me and I just make my way to the hall. I find my locker and I put my things in it then I take the schedule paper out of my pocket to see which class I am in. I find that I have English. I put the paper back into my pocket then I take a step forward but I find myself bumping into a muscular body in front of me. The boy examines me like I am some sort of an alien in front of him.

"Watch out, bitch." He says angrily. I look at him with disgust then I roll my eyes and head to my class. I enter my class and I find an empty seat in the back besides some girl. I go and sit beside her.

"Hello!" The girl beside me says smiling. She is a beautiful girl. She has black hair, dark skin, and light brown eyes.

"Ummm....Hey!" I say shyly.

"You are new here, right?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Well, I am Emily."

"Beautiful name. My name is Scarlett."

"Have you met anyone here yet?"

"I just met this one rude boy."

"Rude boy!! Mmmmm.....Is that him?" She points at a boy entering the class.

"Yeah, I think that's him."

"That's Luke Charles. He is a bad boy, a drug addict, and a dangerous one. Don't try to get involved with him."

"He seems rude. He called me a bitch."

"Yeah, he is but what makes him angry today is that he found out that his girlfriend cheated on him."

"Oh! That's horrible." I say and She exclaims at me.

"He deserves it."

"No one deserves to be cheated on."

"You are too kind, Scarlett." She says then she laughs. I roll my eyes.

After a long class later..........
I take my backpack then I go to the cafeteria to get my lunch. I take my tray of lunch and I sit on a table at the back alone. Emily approaches me.

"Can I sit here with you?" She asks politely.

"Here with me?" I ask her, my eyes wide open.

"Yeah, If you don't have a problem." She says shyly.

"No, I don't have a problem at all," I say then she comes and sits beside me.

"Don't you have any friends here?" I ask her.

"Ummmm....No...I don't." She says looking down at the floor.

"Why?" I ask with concern.

"You know? I am not that pretty and I am a black girl. So not so many people want to be my friends. If I bother you too, I can go and sit somewhere else."

"No, Of course not. You can sit here. I was just asking why did you choose to sit with me of all people."

"Because you seem nice and kind."

"Thank you so much. You seem nice too and don't listen to those horrible people. You are beautiful and your dark skin is half your beauty besides your personality." I say.

"I hope we can be friends." She says smiling.

"Yeah, I hope too."

Later after school.........
As soon as the bell rings, I take my bag and I head out of class. I make my way home. It is really tiring to walk all this way. The house is too far. I walk and I walk until I finally reach my home. I enter my home and I find Jack sitting on the kitchen counter eating.

"How was school?" He asks while taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Don't act like you care!" I say crossing my arms angrily.

"I really don't care. I am just bored." He says and I ignore him. I turn my back and I make my way upstairs.

"If you didn't just kill her, she would have been here with us." He says and I turn around to face him.

"I didn't kill her. Why can't you just get that into your thick skull?" I say and he stands up.

He approaches me with so much anger. He raises his hands and he slaps me so hard that it causes me to fall down but that didn't stop him from slapping me countless times. How I hope that this just ends. How I hope that I just die. I don't want that life of mine anymore. My life is not worth living. I am not worth living. Please let this nightmare end.......

______________________________________

End Of Chapter 1

I really hope that you liked this story❤Please support me by voting on my story❤
Thank you for choosing to read "Scars We Bury"😊❤