16//Lie but not to me

Chapter 16

Sometimes we don't have a choice but to lie so we won't hurt the person that we care about. ~H.W

Sometimes all you just have to do is fake it till they get persuaded. ~H.W

_____________________________________________
6 days later......
Sunday November 25, 2015
Scarlett......

"Okay Luke, I will be ready in 30 mins. Just don't be late like that time."

"Scar! You don't have to bring that time up. God, I hate that day."

"Relax, Luke. Meet you in 30 mins." I say and I hang up. Luke decided to take me out today. He said he wanted us to hang out together and I am happy he mentioned that. I want to get to know him. I feel like he knows everything about me and I know nothing about him.

I take a cold bath and don't ask me why cold. I love cold water and I usually take a cold shower when I feel somehow relaxed and happy. I finish taking my shower then I adjust my hair, I put it into a ponytail. I head to my closet and I search for something nice to wear. I don't want to dress too fancy and I don't want to dress too casual. "What should I do!" I say slapping my forehead. After a lot of thinking, I decided to wear a teal fuzzy sweater layered with a navy flannel shirt. I put my make-up on and I add my final touches.

*car honk*

As soon as I hear his car honk, I make my way downstairs and out of the house. He is sitting in his car which is parked in front of my house. I go to the passenger seat and I open the door. I get into the car and I turn my face to his side. He is scanning me like I am some amazing creature in front of him. His eyes are piercing through me making me forget everything around me. I feel my cheeks turning red and that's when I clear my throat in an attempt to prevent him from staring at me like this.

"Sorry, can't get enough of your beauty." He says with a wide smirk on his face. I smile shyly at his complement before I let my eyes scan him. He is wearing a white t-shirt, a black leather jacket, skinny jeans. His hair is slipped back but some strands of it is on his forehead.

"Okay, enough staring now." He says letting out a small giggle. I cover my mouth with my hands and I look the other way trying to hide my embarrassment.

"I know I am hot but please don't stare at me like this." Luke boasts laughing and I laugh too.

"Enough of that. Where are we going?" I ask him and he cocks his head to the right before smirking at me.

"McDonald's but takeaway then to something I think you will love."

"Well, I am excited. Let's go."

After some time of driving through the city, we go to McDonald's and we take our orders takeaway. Then Luke drives us to somewhere so dark and somehow you can feel like it's deserted. I can't really see anything.

"It's so dark but you are gonna love it." He says then he parks the car and we get out. As I get out, I notice the place. It's the beach.

"OMG!" I say astonished, my hand covers my mouth and my eyes get wide opened. He grins at me "I knew it." He says sliding his hands in his pockets. I nudge his shoulder and I laugh "Good choice, Luke." I say then we go and sit on some bench looking over the beach. We start eating our meals on the beach with just stars shinning the sky.

After some time, we finish our meals and we sit beside each other. Luke pulls me closer to his chest when he notices me trembling.

"Now you are gonna get a little warm." He says wrapping his arms around me and I rest my head on his upper chest. I bring my eyes up to the stars admiring them.