2//One Cigarette

Chapter 2
"I am not dead but I am not alive. I am just living trying to survive."

_______________________________________

Tuesday September 16, 2015
Dear Diary,
I wake up today hoping that this day will be the last day for me in this life. I feel like I am slowly dying everyday and it's not any death. It's a painful death. I get up from bed and I go to the bathroom. I look at the mirror and realize how horrible I get everyday. I have suffered so much and this suffering seems to have no end. I try to hide the bruises that covered all my face. I wear my black hoodie and I pull the hood over my head. I make my way downstairs and I go straightaway to school without even taking my breakfast.

Later at class...........
"The girl sleeping on the desk with a hood over your head . Please stand up." The teacher says but I ignore her.

"I SAID STAND UP!" She yells. I raise my head and I look at her. I roll my eyes then I stand up.

"Now tell me what I was saying?"

"I don't know and I don't care." I say carelessly.

"Then get out now! And don't attend my class again !" She yells at me. I take my bag and approach her.

"You did me good." I whisper to her before leaving class. I walk around the school trying to find a nice spot to hide in but I fail. I find myself going to the parking lot. I spot a boy smoking and I approach him.

"Can I have a cigarette, Please?" I ask politly. He turns his face to look at me. I realize that he is not just any boy. That's Luke Charles but who cares.

"No." He says and I look at him raising my eyebrow.

"Rude much." I say then I roll my eyes away.

"Maybe I am but I can't give you one of my cigarettes." He acknowledges me.

"And why is that?" I ask him.

"Because they are not just any cigarettes. They are drugs and I won't fool you." He says then he takes a smoke.

"I appreciate that. Thank you." I say.

"Wait here." He says then he approaches some boy who was standing far from us. He takes something from him then he walks back to me.

"Here." He hands me a pack of cigarettes.

"Thank you." I say and I take one then I hand him back the pack of cigarettes.

"You can have it." He says.

"No, I am just okay with one."

"Okay, as you like." He says as he takes the pack from me and puts it in his pocket.

"Can I have a lighter please?" I ask him and he slides his hand in his pocket. He takes out   a lighter and he lits the cigarette for me.

"Thanks." I say.

"No problem."

After some time........
We are still standing smoking together silently. He neither says a word to me nor do I. We are just looking at the sky smoking a cigarette after a cigarette. He finally breaks the silence and says.

"Why do you smoke?" He asks me.

"Maybe it is the same reason why you smoke." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Someone broke your heart too?" He asks and I laugh sarcastically.

"Yeah maybe." I say.

"You know what?" He says taking a smoke.

"What?" I ask.

"All girls are bitches." He says.

"Yeah and all boys are assholes." I say crossing my arms.

"True." He says as he runs his hand on the back of his head.

*bell rings*

"I have to go now." I say.

"Okay." He says.

"Bye, asshole." I say as I walk away still looking at him.

"Bye, bitch." He says smiling as he waves to me and I turn my back to leave. I make my way to my home. I enter the house and I find my dad welcoming me with open arms. I run towards him and he hugs me.

"I missed you, Scarlett."

"I missed you too, Dad." I say then we pull back after a couple of minutes.

"How is everything with you in your new school?" Dad asks me.

"It's good, Dad." I say.

"I hope it is. And how is Jack with you?" He asks me and I look at Jack. Jack gives me a death glare.

"He treats me......good...Dad...everything is ummmm....good." I stammer and Jack approaches me. He wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"Don't worry Dad. Scarlett is my sister. I will always take care of her." Jack says and I fake smiling.

"Now, I can go back to work with a clear mind knowing that my children are fine and good." Dad says then he takes his working bag and he goes back to work. And that's the problem about Dad. He is never here beside me. He is always at work. He believes that he works to provide us with the perfect life he thinks we have but little does he know what happens after he leaves. Little does he know that our life is too far from being perfect. He believes what we tell him about our life. He never doubted it for once.

I come to make my way downstairs but Jack grabs my arm firmly stopping me. I look at him and I find his eyes full of anger and rage like always.

"Were you going to tell him?" He asks angrily while still grabbing my arm firmly.

"What did you see? Did I really tell him?"

"You wouldn't dare to tell him." He says threatening me.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Jack." I say and I roll my eyes. I turn my back to leave but he doesn't leave my arm. I turn around to face him but suddenly I find myself being thrown across the room. I scream in pain as my body hit the ground hard. Jack laughs at me then he goes upstairs leaving me lying on the cold floor, screaming in pain. I try to move but I fail. So I give up and I keep lying on the cold floor staring blankly at the ceiling while tears are streaming down my face.

______________________________________

End Of Chapter 2
I really hope that you liked this story❤Please support me by voting on my story❤
Thank you for choosing to read "Scars We Bury"😊❤