14//Old Memories/Secrets

Chapter 14

"Some memories never leave your bones like salt in the sea, they become part of you and you carry them."

_

___________________________________________

Later at 3 am.....
Luke......
I slowly open my eyes. I rub them and I start looking around me. I don't know where I am. This room is different, it's not mine. This is not my home. Where am I? I feel something resting on my chest. I look down to see what it is. I find a girl's hair spread all over my chest. What happened last night?! I just remember being at Scar's last night but it can't be Scarlett sleeping on my chest. I try to move my body. I want to get up and know who is sleeping on my chest. I try to move but I wince in pain and everything that has happened last night begins to strike my mind. I remember seeing Scar getting beaten up by her brother. I remember Jack beating me up too and then everything just came black after this. Scar is the girl sleeping on my naked chest. But how did I become naked?! Where is my shirt?! I bring my hands to Scar's hair and I start stroking it gently. She immediately moves from my chest. She gets up and sits properly. "Are you okay?" That's the first thing that escapes her mouth. I take a close look at her. Her eyes are puffy and there are still wet tears on her beautiful cheeks but the look in her eyes, that's something else. It's a look full of pain, concern and at the same time regret. I bring my hand to her cheek and I caress it softly. She closes her eyes and I see tears rolling down her cheeks. I quickly get up and sit properly ignoring the unbearable pain I feel in my back. I cup her face in both of my hands. Scar avoids looking at me. She looks down and she shuts her eyes, tears escaping from them. "Scar, please look at me." I say pleading and Scar shakes her head in disagreement. I wrap my arm around the back of her head and I pull her to my chest. She buries her face in my chest and I begin to feel her tears on my skin. I wrap both of my arms around her. One hand is on her hair, stroking it softly and the other is around her back pulling her closer to me. She sobs hard and I can't help but feel so much pain because seeing her broken like this, is one of the worst feelings that I have ever felt.

"Please Scar. Please stop crying. It pains me to see you like this." I say begging her in a soft voice.

"I....I...am...so...sorry..Luke. It's all my fault." She says between her sobs. I pull her away from my chest and I grab her face gently with my hands making her look at me straight in the eyes. "It's not your fault, Okay? I chose to be a part of this. I chose to be a part of your life and you can't blame yourself for this, Okay?" I say. She looks at me with an apologetic look before she silently nods at me. "I like you so much Scar more than you can ever think." I say as I pull her close to me and hug her. She hugs me back, she buries her face in the nape of my neck, wrapping her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her waist tightly but she immediatly winces in pain. I quickly pull away and look at her with a confused look. "Are you hurt?" I ask her with concern and she shakes her head "No. Don't worry about me." She gets up from the bed, wipes her tears away with the back of her hands and she walks to the bathroom inside the room. She brings something then she comes to me. "Let me purify your injuries and bandage your bruises." She says sitting beside me on the bed. "Does your back hurt you?" She asks in a low voice and I shake my head.

"Luke! Please don't hide your pain. Just express what you really feel." She says sweetly yet with so much concern. I let out a small smile to reassure her.

"Then it hurts you." She sighs then she comes close to me and she adjusts the pillows behind me. She pushes me gently till I rest my back on the pillows behind me. She gets out some ointment gel and she starts spreading it across my stomach and chest. She spreads the gel softly and whenever I wince in pain, she starts apologizing. That girl is gonna be the death of me soon. She sits closer to me. "I am gonna purify the injuries on your face now." I nod then she starts adding some antiseptic on a cotton. She slowly starts purifying the injuries on my face.