32//His demons.....

Chapter 32

"You always rant about the monster I have become but you,  you are the author of everything I am."

~A qoute from The Originals series.
_

____________________________________________

6 months later......
Tuesday December 31, 2016
31/12/2016
Scar

Dear Diary,

6 months have passed in a blink of an eye. So many events took place in those past 6 months. We finished our Junior year and now we finally can call ourselves seniors. We are officially 18 years now. A new stage,  new events, a new year, new memories. Luke and I have been officially together now for 1 year and I can't be more happy.

Last year held a lot of events for us, a lot of pain, a lot of suffering, a lot of heartache and heartbreak but we got through all of that. Our lives didn't change that much. Luke still has his abusive father who gives him and his mother a lot of bad days. The only difference is that now I am with Luke, by his side trying to take his pain away. Jack also has been different. He went to some Therapy-sessions and I think he is getting better and with Sally by his side, I believe he is gonna be a completely new person. Those last six months, he has been the brother I always wished to have.

Yes, we do have a lot of arguments and a few times, he went back to his old self but he is changing and trying. And I truly am thankful for this. He is getting better. He really is. He is starting to come a whole new person and I love that.  Emily still doesn't have a boyfriend but Jessica is hitting it off with Nate. They are officially a couple now and I also love that too.

Today is not a good day for me. Today holds a very painful memory for me. The memory of my mother's death. I am standing on her grave and Luke is by my side, holding me as I am sobbing on his chest. His arms are holding me tightly, making me feel safe and somehow I always find comfort in his arms. Last year on that same day, I remember traveling all the way back to California to attend New Year's party and be beside Luke. This year, Luke decided to travel with me to Australia and be beside me on this day.

We have been standing here for what felt like hours. It has snowed two times since we stood here but Luke never said a thing about it. He just held me and let me let it all out. I have never came to my Mom's grave with someone by my side. Someone who holds me and lets me sob all the way I want. Someone who doesn't complain about how the weather is so cold and how long we have been standing here. I never imagined this day. The day where I have someone to love me and share with me my bad days without complaining or getting bored. I think I am getting used to him always being by my side and always making things easier for me. I can never imagine my life without him.

"I miss her, Luke. I miss her so much." I have said those words over and over again. But I always got the same reaction from him. He would tighten his arms around me, kiss me on my forehead then say "I know babe. I know."

Could I ask for more? I have got him. The only person who makes me feel alive. The only person who gives me a reason to go on with my life. The only person who truly and utterly loves me with very part of his heart. The only person who showed me love and passion. The only person I love,Luke Charles.

A while later......

I pull myself away from Luke's arms and I take one last look at my mother's grave. I close my eyes in pain before I take a deep breath. "I love you, Mom. And I am sorry." I whisper before I turn my face to look at Luke. He looks at me apologetically and lets out a small reassuring smile. I walk close to him and I wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him.