17//Another World

Chapter 17

"The words *I Like You* don't always have something romantically involved with it. It doesn't mean that the two people who said it   are gonna be madly in love with each other. Sometime it's just a pure innocent confess from two people who care about each others so much." ~H.W
_____________________________________________

Sunday December 16, 2015
Dear Diary,
Today is Sunday which means another day of the weekend and another day of boredom. Nothing to do actually. I spent the whole night yesterday talking with my Dad. I really missed him. Sometimes, I forget that he even exists in my life. Maybe because he is not always around, he doesn't talk to me at all not even a single phone call. He is in the same city as us and he still visits us rarely. I don't really know why he doesn't come often. We have money and we are rich. Why is he so busy then? I hope that one day he will become a part of my daily life. We talked a lot yesterday. We talked about Australia and what we will do in it when we travel at the end of the month. We talked about Jack and Dad told me that he hasn't gone to work for a little while which I find so weird. He thinks Jack is in love or something but I think not. Whatever, my Dad decided to take Jack and go to some car store to buy him a new car and me, well my dad brought me a bracelet. Not bad I guess. I know that I am gonna spend today either alone or with Jess and Em. Luke won't call me and that's for sure. He will be waiting for my call maybe and I think I will call him but not now.

*Phone ringing*

"Hey, Jess!"

"Hey, Scar! What's up?"

"Nothing really. I am bored. What about you?"

"Bored!! Girl, you are coming to Em's house NOW."

"I'm really so lazy to come."

"Come on, Scar. It's gonna be fun and Em has got a lot of alcohol."

"I am coming then.Bye."

______

"Now let's see our dates." Jessica says as she crosses her hands. Emily nods with excitement and I continue swinging my legs down the bed while holding my glass of whiskey in my right hand. I take a sip and I start daydreaming about how this whiskey tastes so bitter and how I am bitter. Am I that bad! Am I like whiskey! Something you love, something that makes you forget your pain but at the same time, it tastes sour and bitter and It sends shivers to my whole body. Am I that to people who care about me?! Am I bitter! I think I am because who the hell  pushes away a person who was there for her for like 4 months. 4 months bearing every moment of weakness or insecurity I have had. 4 months trying to lighten up my mood and make me feel better about myself and my life. 4 months....All it really took was just 4 months for him to be this close to me. Just 4 months of knowing him and I can just trust him with my life. 4 months and Luke became a part of my daily life and that's something hard, you know. My dad has been in my life for like 17 years and still he never really reached to the point where he would become an important part of my daily life.

"Scar? Who is gonna take you to the party?!"

"Scar! Are you with us!"

Their voices seem distant. Everything seems distant. I feel like I have just travelled to another world with just Luke in it. That's the impact that Luke has on me. 4 months and he has this impact on me. He can take me to another world without even being here beside me physically. Just thinking about him takes me to a whole different world with no pain, no suffering, no lies and nothing. A world with hope. That's what he is in my life...my hope. He is that light that I see at the end of the dark tunnel. The light I want to reach. The light that I am curious about. I am curious about knowing what lies behind that light. Is it all an illusion?! Is there nothing behind that light! Or is there a new life waiting for me at the end of the tunnel?!