12// A Confession

Chapter 12

"She is by far the best thing that has ever happend to me in my lifetime."
~Luke Charles

_____________________________________________

N

ext Day......
Sunday November 12, 2015
I wake up next day at 8 am. I try to open my eyes, there is so much light in here. Where am I? I try opening my eyes. I rub them and I find myself sleeping on some bench. I sit on the bench and I look around me. I am sleeping at some park's bench. How did I end up here! This question kept repeating in my mind. I don't remember coming here. I get up from the bench and I make my way to my home. I enter my home and I rush to the kitchen. My head is killing me. I quickly make a cup of coffee. I sit on the kitchen stool and I start drinking my coffee in peace.

Meanwhile........
Luke........
I am lying on my bed staring at the ceiling above me thinking about what happened yesterday. What happened yesterday keeps replaying in my head.

*Flashback*
"Where do you think you are going Luke?" Dad asked me sternly. I turn back to face him after I was on the door step making my way to Scar's house.

"I am going out."

"Going out! You think I'd allow you after you stole money from me?!"

"Stole money from you?!"

"Yes!"

"I didn't steal them. I needed them."

"You needed them for WHAT?! DRUGS?!"

"I needed them to forget my pain. I needed them to forget how my father BEATS my mother everyday. I needed THEM TO FORGET HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS!"

"You piece of shit." He said raising his hands on me ready to slap me. I grab his hands forcefully stopping him from slapping me.

"Maybe SHE lets you humiliate her because of something sick called LOVE BUT GUESS WHAT ALL I FEEL TOWARDS YOU IS HATE SO I WON'T LET YOU HUMILIATE ME OR BEAT ME FOR THE SAKE OF LOVE AND FAMILY!!"

"THIS FAMILY! I WORKED HARD TO MAKE THIS A FAMILY. I WORKED HARD TO MAKE YOU A HUMAN. I WORKED HARD TO MAKE YOU A GOOD FUTURE!! SO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF IT"

I chuckle sarcastically "A good future REALLY?! LET ME TELL YOU THIS. I DON'T WANT THIS FAMILY OF YOURS. IT'S A PIECE OF SHIT. This family is destroyed Mr.Charles. WAKE UP! THERE IS NO FAMILY!"

"I WILL WAKE UP LUKE BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP." He said punching me to the stomach. This time I didn't let him beat me without doing anything. I dodged some of his punches and I threw at him some too. He won at last. He won and I ended up lying on the cold floor screaming in pain and blaming myself for this. The difference between him and I is that I didn't hit him or punch him like he did, I was afraid to do so. He was still my father. I couldn't hurt him even if he did hurt me. I couldn't raise my hand at him and slap him. That's way too far. All I did was just grab his hands to stop him from throwing punches at me, dodge some hits coming towards me. I never really wanted our relationship to be like this but it doesn't matter anymore.
*End of flashback*

My mind is all over Scarlett. What would she think of me now! I stood her up and I didn't even call her and cancel. Of course she is mad at me now and I blame myself for that shit fight I had with my father yesterday. That fucking fight prevented me from going out with Scarlett. I grab my phone from beside me and I send a text to Scar.

Me: Hey Scar! I am really sorry for not coming yesterday. Something came up suddenly and I couldn't even call you to cancel. I am so sorry :*

I send her the text and I lie on my bed waiting desperately for her reply.