10//One Moment

Chapter 10

"Although our lives are not perfect, there is still that one moment that makes us think that our lives seem perfect."
_______________________________________

Friday October 8, 2015
I get up today trying to make my way to the bathroom. Everything just hurts so much. I can't even decide if this is my heart or my body aching. I just know that I am in so much pain. When I make my way to the bathroom and I look at the mirror, I find my eyes puffy and red, my mascara is all over my face, my cheeks are red and I have one big scratch on my right cheek. I wash my face and I brush my teeth then I take off my hoodie that I have been wearing from yesterday. I take it off just to see my naked body which is becoming more horrible as time passes. My ribs are all bruised, my stomach has some purple spots and my arms became bruised even more. I take off my whole clothes and I just stand looking at my naked body with so much disgust in my eyes like I hate my body and I really do. I trace all the bruises and scars that covers my whole body with my fingers. My fingers stop at some scar on my forehead. That scar will haunt me down forever. That scar will always be a reminder of what I did and what I have lost. I close my eyes in pain and I just let the memories sink in. Her voice telling me to get away.....her loud voice calling out for me......bang....a...car....crash....a lifeless body....lying down in front of me.......my voice saying her name weakly.....Jack's look at me....Everything is my fault. I start crying again. My knees are so weak. I feel my breath getting heavier and heavier. I try inhaling and exhaling but nothing happens. The pain doesn't seem to stop. I hold to the sink so I won't fall down but I fail and I fall to my knees on the floor. I cover my face with my hands and I continue crying. It doesn't get easy anymore and I am slowly giving up on my life. I am afraid that one day my end will be here. My end...the end I am gonna decide for myself one day....the end of my life.

A while later......
*Phone notification bell*
I slowly raise my head when I hear those notification bells. I realize that I have been sleeping for a little while. I get up from the floor and I grab my phone.

Luke : Morning, Scar!
Luke : Scar! Are you here?
Luke: Don't tell me that you over slept and you are not coming today :(
Luke: Please don't do that to me ;(
Me: I am here, don't worry.
Luke: Thank god!
Me: You are such a drama queen :/
Luke : I know :D
Luke : Where are you now?
Me: I am getting dressed.
Luke : Me too.
Me: You are wasting my time and I don't wanna be late.
Luke: Okay take your time getting dressed. Meet you at school ;)

Maybe that's the only good thing in my life right now. I just hope it lasts. I throw my phone on the bed then I get into the shower. After I finish showering, I put on a blue swearshirt and a jeans. I apply some make-up on and I put my hair into a pony tail. I take my backpack and I head to school.

A While Later........
Luke........
"Hey, Jessica!" I say approaching her.

"Ummmm....Hey, Luke." She says smiling.

"How are you?"

"I am fine and you?"

"Fine too....Ummm....Jessica?" I say hesitantly.

"What is it, Luke?" She asks suspiciously.

"Do you happen to know anything about Scar's life?" I ask as I run my hand on the back of my hair. Jessica shrugs her shoulders "I just know that she lives with her older brother Jack and her father but her father is rarely home. He is obviously obsessed with work. Her mother is dead."