7//Hidden Secrets

Chapter 7
"You keep it on the inside because it's the safest place to hide."

_______________________________________

Wednesday October 8, 2015
Dear Diary,
I am excited to go to school today and that's a first for me. I have never been this excited to go to school but I guess that there is a first time for everything. I just feel excited to meet him...Luke...He is so sweet, gentle and cute. I don't know why I am admiring him when I am not even ready for this. I just can't stop this feeling that I get whenever I am around him. He seems different. I just don't know why there are rumors about him being bad. People are too judgemental. If they just take time to get know Luke, they would find him something else. He is just broken....like me...

I put on my clothes and I take my backpack then I head to school. I find Luke waiting for me under the tree although it is not lunch time yet. I go towards him and I sit beside him on the grass.
"Hey!" He says softly while letting out a smile. His smile though....when I first knew him, I never thought that I would see him smiling one day. When I first met him, he was so disturbed but now after I get to know him. I know that there is something good somewhere inside him. Even if people are blind to see it, I see it and I think there is more to it.
"Hey!" I say smiling.

"Why are you sitting here? It's not lunch time yet!" I exclaim and he looks at me in the eyes with a wide smirk on his face. I feel myself blush when he does that.

"I was waiting for you." He says shrugging his shoulders and I quickly get shocked by his answer.

"Me! That's weird! I was just a bitch two weeks ago." I say as I let out a small chuckle. He looks at me again this time not sweetly or with a wide smirk. No, he looks annoyed by my response.

"I miss judged you at first." He says calmly.

"Miss judged me?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yeah, I thought you were just another selfish girl who just wanted to get close to me because I am popular and hot."

"And?"

"I just found that you aren't like that. You are something else." He says and I feel my heart beating so fast. I can't help but feel a wide smile forming on my face. I am glad that someone sees that.

"Humans are pretty judgemental, you know?"

"Yeah, they really are but you are not." He says in a low voice like he whispers to himself but he knows that I heard that and I am literally blushing right now.

Later at lunch time........

"Scarlett, Are you gonna have lunch with us?" Emily asks.

"Ummmm....sure." I say then we go to the cafeteria. I buy my food and I go sit beside Jessica and Emily.

"Oh! Girls, by the way, we are having a girls' night. Tonight 7 o'clock at my place." Emily says but I am not paying attention to what she is even saying. My attention is just focused on him. He is just sitting alone in a table at the back. I already regret sitting with Jessica and Emily now. I just left him to have lunch alone. I can't just sit here and watch him sitting alone. I quickly take my tray of food and I stand up.

"Where are you going?" Jessica asks.

"I am gonna go do something. Sorry guys." I say and I head towards Luke's table but I already find his friend going to sit beside him. His friend sits beside him and they start talking. I freeze in my place not knowing whether to go and sit with them or go and sit with Jessica and Emily. I notice Luke looking in my direction so, I quickly turn the other way making my way to Jessica and Emily. I feel embarrassed by how I was just staring at him. I hear him calling out for me.