9// It always ends bad

Chapter 9

"It always ends bad whenever I think that it's a good start."

________________________________________

Thursday October 9, 2015
Scarlett.....
A new day has started....I feel so much energy today and I don't know why. I just feel okay and that's a first. I put on my black hoodie, a jeans and some make-up. I loosen my hair and I pull the hood over my head. I make my way to school. I find Luke waving at me, I make my way towards him.
"Hey!" He says smiling at me.

"Hey! How are you today?"

"I am fine. Thanks for asking." He says sweetly and I smile shyly at him.

*Bell rings*

"I guess I will see you at lunch then."

"Yep, see you at lunch Scar." He says and then we go separate ways. On my way to my class, I bump into someone I hate.

"I don't like you." Megan says giving me a death glare. I smile at her devilishly "Good for you." I say then I walk past her ignoring what she will say after that. I just heard her say "Watch your back, Tomboy." And honestly I don't care. I don't give a f*ck about what she wants. She is just some hormonal teen who needs attention but I am not the one who is gonna give it to her.

Some boring classes later......
It is finally lunch time. I take my backpack and I make my way to the cafeteria. I search for him but I don't find him anywhere. I go to the only place where he could be. The parking lot....I find him standing with a group of his friends. They are smoking, talking and laughing. There is no place for me here I guess. I say to myself before I sigh and walk sadly to my friends. I have lunch with them and then the day goes by.

Home time.......
Jessica, Emily and I are standing together in the parking lot talking but I guess I am not paying too much attention to what they are both saying. My whole attention is on Luke who is with his friends laughing and talking. I am just standing staring at them. His eyes never met mine today except in the early morning when we said hi other than that we didn't talk again. He is so busy with his friends that he left me alone all day but maybe his friends need him more than me now.

"I told you he is bad and trouble. He is not even paying attention to you." Emily says interrupting me from my thoughts. I look at her with annoyance. She is just so judgy and I am tired of that.

"Just give him a chance. Maybe he has secrets too." I say trying to contain my anger and frustration towards her. We stand for a while gossiping together before I say bye to them and head home. When I make my way out of school, I feel a distant voice from behind me calling out for me. I turn around just to see him standing in front of me, he is running his hand on the back of his head. We stand looking at each other for a while before he breaks the silence "I am sorry...." He says apologetically and I give him a look of weirdness. I raise my eyebrow "Why are you apologizing?" I ask and he looks at me shocked like I should realize why he is apologizing but I am really confused. Why would he apologize when he did nothing wrong?
"I am sorry for leaving you alone the whole day but my friends really needed me. We were trying to get Nate out of the break up mood, you know?"

"And how is he now?"

"Better....so much better."

"That's good to hear."

"So, You aren't sad?"

"Nope, your friend needed you. Why would I be sad?" I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Well! I just thought that you would be sad and for that I want to make it up for you."

"But I am not sad."