4// Something You Don't Know About Me

Chapter 4
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

_______________________________________

Thursday September 18, 2015
Dear Diary,
Another day of sadness, depression, abuse, loneliness. Everything is just becoming shittier and shittier. And of course no need to tell you how Jack greeted me yesterday when I came home late. It was a nice after-party that was full of scars and bruises. I get up as usual from my bed, take a shower, put on some make-up and my double sized sweatshirt then I head to school. Nothing really new happened. I just went to my class and I sat on that horrible desk that made my back and body ache even more. After some boring classes, it is finally lunch time. I head to the cafeteria with Emily. We go and sit on some table at the back with just our trays of food.

"So Scarlett, Aren't you going to take part in any of the school activities?" She says as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

"Activities?!" I exclaim.

"Yeah activities like drawing, acting, singing, dancing and etc..."

"I don't know."

"Don't you have any talents or skills even hobbies?"

"I really don't know. Those things don't bother me."

"Maybe you think that but if you try to like activate your talent, you will slay girl."

"Maybe..." I shrug my shoulders.

"You know at first? I was like you. I tried not to give my talent any attention but then I felt the need to let people know that I have a talent and that's when I took part in school plays. Acting is so nice. You can try it if you want."

"That's great but I don't think that acting is really my thing."

"So this means that you know your thing, right?"

"I....I...don't know...." I mutter.

"Scarlett! I know you know your talent. Please tell me!" She pleads.

"I...I...actually don't know....maybe I am not even good at it."

"Scarlett! What is it? Is it playing football for example?"

"Oh hell no!" I say laughing it off.

"Then what is it?"

"Ummmmm....I...it's.....singing..."

"Really! You can sing?"

"I...I..don't know....but I used to sing to my mom and she would tell me that my voice was really nice....I...I..don't even know....if it is."

"Can I hear it, please?"

"Hell to the no, Em!"

"Please, Scar! Just one part! Please!"

"Not here, Em. Everyone is here."

"And who cares?"

"I...I guess no one."

"Great then now sing. Let me hear your voice." She says and I sigh.

"Okay. " I say then I adjust myself. I sit properly. I cough before I start singing.

"There goes my heart beating cause you are the reason......
I am losing my sleep.....
Please come back now......
There goes my mind erasing and you are the reason that I am still breathing.......
I am hopeless now......
I climp every mountain and swim every ocean just to be with you and fix what I have broken......
Or cause I need you to see that you are the reason......
There goes my hand shaking and you are the reason.....
My heart keeps bleeding I need you now.....
If I could turn back the clock, I would make sure the light feeded the dark....
And spend every hour of everyday keeping you safe....
And I climp every mountain and swim every ocean....
Just to be with you and fix what I have broken.....
Or cause I need you to see that you are the reason......" I look at the floor after I finish singing. I hear Emily clapping.