33//Messed up again

Chapter 33

"Memories are just like monsters, they wait for the darkness to creep in so they can come out."

~Haidy Wazeery
_

__________________________________________

Next Day,
Wednesday January 1, 2017

Luke
I wake up next day with Scar by my side, sleeping on my chest like an angel. She always looks beautiful sleeping and I never get tired of staring at her. I can't believe that we have been together for a year now. I can tell that this year have been the best year of my life. Yes, nothing in my life changed. My father didn't change and my mother never took the decision to leave him but Scar came into my life and that maybe didn't change my life, but changed me. She changed how I look at my life. She changed everything about me and everything I used to believe in. She gave me the hope I lost long ago. She makes me feel alive and that's everything I have ever wanted in my life. I always wondered what was the meaning of an unconditional love like the love my mother still holds for my father after everything he has done. That love I feel now. I finally know the meaning of true love. I am sure now that if Scar did everything I hate, I wouldn't leave her. Yes, we would argue but I would never really gather the courage and leave her. She is my everything and I love her. Despite that now I am so mad at her but I love her and my love for her grows day by day.

"Good morning." Scar says as she puts her hand on my cheek and gently caress it. I put my hand on her and I bring her hand to my mouth. I place a soft kiss on her hands.

"Good morning, Scary Scar." I say then I get up from the bed. I point to the bathroom "I am gonna go to the bathroom now. You have a lot of explanation to do, honey." I enter the bathroom and I close the door behind me. "You too, Luke." I hear her voice and I just find myself smiling. I love her but I am still angry.

___

A while later........
"Care to explain why that assh*ole showed up yesterday?" I say crossing my hands over my chest. We are sitting on a bench at some garden, drinking our starbucks coffee and eating our muffins. Scar sighs before taking a sip of her coffee.

"He always shows up. He knows that I visit my mother's grave every year at that time and so he shows up every year asking for my forgiveness, hoping that some day we are gonna get back together."

"Forgiveness for what?" I ask curiously and Scar brings her gaze to the ground. I wait for her to answer but she never does. I sigh not wanting to lose my temper. I try to calm myself down and I take her hand in mine in an attempt to reassure her. She nods her head in disagreement and she gets up from the bench, putting her coffee angirly on it.

She slides her hands in her back pockets and she starts pacing around. I stand up too and I put my hands on her shoulders, forcing her to stop pacing around and look at me. She looks at me in the eyes and when I see her eyes, I feel my soul crashing. She is hurt and I can tell from her sparkling eyes that she is on the verge of tears. I find myself so angry just wondering about what that assh*ole did to her in the past.

Tears starts streaming down her face. She pushes my hands away from her shoulders and she covers her face with her hands. She starts crying silently.

"Scar, please. Just talk to me." I say as I try to move her hands away from her face. When I remove them, Scar looks at me, her eyes red and puffy, her hands trembling. I think she is just about to have an anxiety attack. Her breathing becomes rapid and she starts sobbing hardly. I find myself quickly pulling her into my chest. I hug her tightly, afraid of letting her go.