0.5

Chapter Five; The Station Part Two:

Beth sat back down at her desk, but still watched Connor as he inspected her father's desk.

The Android picked up a pair a headphones turning the volume up to hear it.

Connor then inspected the rest of the desk, scanning anything that was relevant to Hank.

"I'm going to check out the Deviant."Connor said to her, walking away before she got a chance to respond.

"Okay then..."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A few minutes later Connor came back, walking over to Beth when she waved him over.

"So, how'd it go..?"She glanced up at him with her eyes, noticing he looked a little off.

"The Deviant self-destructed... I didn't have a chance to stop it."Beth widened her eyes at that.

Even if she wasn't that fond of most Androids, she still was slightly shocked to hear that the Deviant basically committed suicide.

"I-I... That's alright, we've already gotten​ the information that we needed." Connor nodded, his LED flashing yellow.

The Android's LED went back to blue, as he spotted Lt Anderson​ walking towards his desk.

"It's good to see you again, Lt."Connor greeted her father, who groaned in response."Uh, Jesus!"

"Hank, Beth! In my office now!"

Beth winced a little as Captain Fowler's voice, interrupted her father and Connor's talk, very loudly.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Now way! We don't need a partner, especially not this plastic prick!"Her father yelled at the Captain, making his daughter sigh.

She had remained silent throughout the whole thing knowing that they didn't have a choice.

"That is enough! You are a police Lt!You are supposed to follow my orders; So either you shut your godamn mouth or you hand in your badge!"

"You know what my mouth has to say to you?!"Beth grabbed at her father's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"Dad, stop..."Hank shrugged her off roughly but more gentle than the way Gavin had grabbed her earlier.

"Okay, I'll pretend like I didn't hear that. So, I don't have to add anymore to you disoplinary folder, because it already looks like a f*cking novel!"

Beth stole a glance towards Connor, who had been standing quietly behind them for the entire thing."Jeffrey, you know how much I hate these f*cking things!Why are you doing this to me?!"

"Hank, I've had enough of your bitching! Either you do your job, or you hand in your badge! Now if you'll excuse me I have work to do."

"Sorry for Dad's behavior, Captain..."

Beth apologized after her father walked out. She gave an apologetic look towards Fowler who nodded, before giving her some words.

"No need to apologise. You weren't the one sassing me." Beth nodded glancing towards Connor again as she walked by him.

The Android met her gaze this time, almost having a concerned look in his eyes, as his LED flashed yellow.

She only nodded at him before going after her father, not giving him a vocal response.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Daddy, you alright..?"Hank still looked visibly upset, but calmed slightly when his daughter spoke.

"No. Captain Fowler sure knows how to piss me off, doesn't he..?"Beth shook her head in response.

"He wasn't the one who sent Connor, Dad. Cyberlife did. So, if anything blame them."She heard footsteps behind her, making her turn.

To her Dad's annoyance it was Connor, the Android sent by Cyberlife. He watched them silently not speaking until Beth walked back to her desk.

"So, now that we're partners it would be great to get to know each other better."Connor's​ voice surprisingly sounded like a excited child who just got a puppy.

Her father simply didn't respond, his shoulders still tense. Connor seemed to deflate at that, before the Android spoke again.

"Is there an unoccupied desk
somewhere that I can use?"

"No-one's usin' that one"Hank pointed to the desk directly in front of him, making the RK800 nod in response.

"You have a dog right?"Beth smiled a little as she heard Connor attempting to get to know her father.

"How do you know that..?"Hank's voice lowered looking at Connor questionably.

"The dog hairs on your chair. I like dogs. What's your dogs name?"It surprised Beth how innocent and adorable Connor sounded.

"What's it to you..?"Her father's voice was sharp, and Beth was scared for a second that her Dad would lash out. However, she was quickly proven wrong as her father spoke again.

"Sumo, I call him Sumo."

"Do you listen to 'Nights of the Black Death's..? I really like that music. It's full of... Energy."

Beth listened to their conversation intently, as she knew once Connor started working it wouldn't take him long to get through the files.

"You listen to heavy metal..?"Hank's​ tone was that of disbelief, looking at Connor with an incredulous look.

"Well, I don't really listen to music as such, but I'd like to."

Connor now looked at Beth's father with a question in his eyes."Some people have a hard time getting along with Androids​. So, is there a reason in particular that you despise me."

Beth winced as it was a sore subject for  both her and her father. Ever since Cole died, her father has hated Androids and she simply tries to keep her distance.

"Yeah, there is one..."

"Have you known Captain Fowler for long..?"

"Yeah, too long..."

"Do you always arrive at the office this late..?"Connor seemed to not get the memo to stop speaking.

"I arrive when I arrive. So, stop busting my balls, okay?!" Hank raised his voice at the Android, annoyed at Connors round of questioning.

"If you have any files on Deviants, I'd like to take a look at them."

"Terminal's on your desk. Knock yourself out."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Listen asshole! If I had it my way, I'd put the lotta you in a dumpster and set a match to it! So, stop pissing me off!"

Beth walked out of the break room after grabbing herself another coffee, only to find Connor being held against the wall by her father.

"Or things are gonna get nasty..!"Beth rushed over but before she could intervene, Chris walked over looking slightly awkward.

"Lt, sorry for interrupting. But we've just received a report on the AX400 that attacked a guy last night. It's been seen in the Ravendale District."

Her father let go of Connor, Beth looking mildly concerned for the Android as she walked over to him.

"Are you okay..?"She asked quietly hoping her father didn't hear. Luckily it seems he didn't as he didn't even react.

"Yes. I shouldn't of provoked him." Connor looked almost guilty, but you could only tell by his eyes.

"Yeah, you really shouldn't have."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Next chapter we see Kara and Alice.

Sorry if anyone seems out of character.