1.9

*After I'm done with the main story, I'll be editing all chapters, to add more content, fix issues, but I'll still be adding new chapters.*

*Also the picture is of a screenshot that I took of another DBH Fanfic(Just part of it), that I found amusing. 😃*

Chapter Nineteen; Last Chance, Connor:

The loud ringing of her phone, alerted Beth from her peaceful slumber. Somehow, even with Connor's arm wrapped around her waist, holding her down, she managed to answer it.

"Hello..?"

"Hey Beth.. did I wake you..?" The voice  of Fiona, entered her ears, making Beth sigh.

"Yeah.. but it's fine.. what do you need?"Connor's grip tightened as she attempted to get up. She struggled a little, before his eyes flickered open, and he reluctantly loosened his grip on her waist.

"Can I drop Princess off, this morning..? She misses you."

Beth let out a yawn,"Yeah.. that's fine... What time?"A glance at the clock on her wall revealed it to be only 7 in the morning. Fiona was certainly an early riser, and never got up later than 6 in the morning.

"Around 10.. I have a key to your house, as you'll be at work.. won't you?"Beth hummed in response.

"Talk to you later."

"Certainly..."Drowsiness made Beth just want to close her eyes again, but Fowler had asked her to come in early today.

"That was your friend Fiona, right..?"

Connor was now sitting up, his LED flashing yellow."Yup..." Beth was still wrapped up in her towel, but she shivered at the cold chill in the room.

"You're cold."

Beth looked back at him, an almost sarcastic glint in her eyes. He looked away realizing he had just stated the obvious.

She smiled at him, feeling a little bad for the look she had just given him. He remained silent, his LED flashing a mix of yellow and red.

She sighed, getting off of the bed, and walking over to her dresser. After putting on her undergarments, she slipped on a light blue shirt, with a gray sweater over it.

She slipped on a pair of jeans, sighing as she heard Connor get off the bed. He walked out of the bedroom, not saying anything.

Beth watched as he left, guilt bubbling in her chest. She grabbed her gun and holster off of the dresser, and put it on, and grabbing her phone to tuck it in her pocket.

Walking into the living room, the first thing she noticed was that Connor was already dressed back in his uniform. Her clothes that had been thrown on the floor the night before, weren't there.

He was at the kitchen table, holding something in his hands. As she approached, he held it out to her, Beth stared at it.

She grabbed it, it was her favorite cup, sighing as she saw juice. Not that she hated juice or anything, but she wasn't​ that fond of it."Thanks, Con."

The Android nodded, his LED swirling a deep yellow. He still looked to be a little upset, but her thank you, seemed to have cheered him up a little.

"I'm sorry..."

Connor looked up as she spoke,".. I'm just tired.. and I'm​ not really a morning person. It makes me snappy."

The Android stayed silent for a moment, his LED blinking a steady yellow."It's alright." The warmth returned to his eyes, as he flashed a smile her way.