2.0

*Sorry for taking so long...*

Chapter Twenty; Crossroads:

"What do I say.. if someone asks my story..?"

Beth glanced up at Connor, as she asked a question, that she only asked, because it made her seem like she was simply helping him. She felt bad for deceiving him, but she didn't think it would end well if she simply told him what she was doing.

He wasn't a Deviant, as his programming still restricted him, and he hadn't actively disobeyed his orders; with the exception of him getting into a now intimate relationship with her, which she doubted Cyberlife, and that A.I. in his head, Amanda, would approve of.

Connor looked down at her, seeming to ponder her question."Say you're.. a failed prototype, who deviated quickly.. which was why you were quickly discontinued.. and you're the only model that wasn't successfully​ destroyed..."

Beth nodded, glancing down at his hand that rested by his side, secretly knowing the gun he hid there. She wondered silently, if he would reject it, even if he'd accepted the gesture before. In a slight test, she reached out for his hand, and grasped it.

The Android looked down at her, his eyes displaying something she didn't understand, and intertwined their fingers together, as he looked at a symbol on a wall they were now in front of.

"..."Beth's​ mouth clamped shut, even as she felt a wave of guilt rush over her. She wanted to tell him the truth, but she was afraid of the consequences. He might accept it, but he might also turn on her.

He would find out if she told him now or later, but Beth wasn't sure if she wanted him to know, before they even entered Jericho. Him looking at the symbols to find Jericho could be avoided, if she simply told him the exact location.

That would probably give away the facade she had put up right away, and would completely blow her cover. She would have to suck it up, and be patient, as Connor finds where Jericho is.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Wow..."

The swarm of Androids that filled the ship known as Jericho, seemed to finally have, as close as they could get, a real safe haven. It was clear though, that with the revolution on the rise, things might get better or worse for these Androids, as well as the the rest of the synthetic population.

Connor barely spared her a glance, as he started on his current objective. The blond followed behind him, keeping a tight grip on his hand. He approached some stairs, Beth trailed behind him, as his shoulder was grabbed.

It was a female android, KL900, who was severely damaged, her voice undoubtedly robotic as she addressed Connor."You're lost." Beth shivered, sympathy washing over her, as she stared at the Android's black eyes.

"You're looking for something..." The Android said looking at Beth, but still talking to Connor."You're looking for yourself..." The KL900 addressed Beth now."Be careful.. I know your true identity.. but I will not reveal it to others... Stay true to yourself, and the ones you care for..."

As the Android went to walk away, Beth called out quietly."Wait..." The Android stopped, but didn't turn around,"What's your name..?"

"Lucy."The Android answered, before saying something that sent chills down Beth's spine,"Be wise, Beth..." The Android, now known as Lucy, walked away, leaving Beth staring.

"Come on..."Connor told her, looking just as shocked. He tugged her up the stairs, gently enough to where he didn't cause her to trip on the stairs.