Chapter Two// Pretty Boy

I felt overwhelmed at the meeting with the producers. They gave us our script and our shooting schedule. The first episode would start being shot tomorrow. Everything felt too quick.

I sat in a chair and started looking over my script, since I'd have to know it by tomorrow. It seemed pretty easy. All I'd have to do is be smarter.

I heard footsteps and then a breath on my neck. I looked up to see Shemar eyeing the script in my hand. He was eyeing the dialogue me and him had together.

"Well then, I'll be looking forward to tomorrow, Pretty Boy," Shemar laughed and walked away before I had a chance to reply.

I was confused on why he called me Pretty Boy, so I looked at the script closer. Derek called Spencer "Pretty Boy" throughout the episode, and probably throughout the whole show. I giggled quietly at the lines.

I realized there was no purpose for me staying any longer, so I grabbed my belongings and started to head home, repeating the few lines I remembered in my head.

*****

"And, CUT!" the director yelled. The very first episode of Criminal Minds had been completed after a tiring week's work.

Everyone seemed so happy. When we finished the last scene, the producers started cheering. Jeff Davis even brought cupcakes for us.

A.J. Cook came up beside me as I grabbed a cupcake. She grabbed one and smiled. "This must be really exciting for you," she said to me. "Since it's your first show and all."

I nodded. "It is pretty exciting," I said dully. The show was fun and all, but acting wasn't exactly my favorite thing. I rather be the brains behind the camera.

She walked away and started talking to Lola. I watched as Mandy walked into the building with a champagne bottle. Why did he have a random bottle of champagne?

He made us all gather around as he popped it open. He poured us each a glass and made us all toast.

"To many years of Criminal Minds!" he cheered. We all smiled and cheered back. "Many years!"

I looked around the room and smiled. We'd only been working together for a week, but everyone was getting so close. Many years, I thought to myself. Many years.