Chapter Sixteen// Rumor Has It Part 2

The trip was wonderful, and it came to an end too soon. But, we had to get back to filming. At least they finally decided to let A.J. back. Her being back was the only reason I was ready for season seven.

The show wasn't nearly the same. The paparazzi and magazines and fans started to care more about mine and Shemar's relationship. The press spread rumors and the fans made up stuff they wished would happen. It was annoying me, and anyone could tell it was making Shemar sick.

The sickening feel made Shemar not want to be on set. He started to sneak off after taking a few shots, and then he wouldn't come back for the rest of the day.

It affected me. Everytime that Shemar was gone, I had a conversation with Simon. It seemed as though he loved to blame game for his problems.

"Gubler, where's Moore?" Those became words I heard everyday.

I tried to take my mind off of Shemar. I pulled my phone from my bag and started looking through Instagram. I was getting almost attacked for dating Shemar. It was probably a good thing Shemar hadn't upgraded from MySpace, or he'd be getting attacked too.

I put my phone back up. I stared at everyone on set. The producers all looked angry, yet disappointed, about something. I got ready for Simon to question me.

However, that's not what happened. Instead, the whole cast was called to our big circle table.

I sat by Thomas, who was staring blankly at Mark.

"Do you know what's going on?" I whispered to him. If it was important, Shemar might need to be here.

He frowned and shook his head. "I only know that the show is gonna have some changes."

I opened my mouth to reply when Mark started lecturing. What was gonna be happening to the show? Hopefully not more budget cuts...

"As many of you know, we've had people leave in the past. Luckily, some have come back, but others have not," Mark said sharply. I impatiently waited for him to make his point.

"Yet another crew member has left and he-," Mark stuttered. "Alright, I'm just gonna go on and say it. Shemar left."

I felt my heart drop. The crew members were chatting in shocked voices. Thomas yelled about something, but I couldn't hear him over my racing thoughts.

Paget looked at me with concern. "Did you know, Matthew?"

I felt my anger boil inside me. "No. I did not." Then, I stormed off the set.

*****

I walked into my trailer and screamed at the top of my lungs. I suddenly started kicking things and throwing things.

I made myself calm down and move to the couch. I let my thoughts sink in. How could he lie to me? He told me he would never leave the show. Now he was leaving, and it was probably all our relationship's fault.

My phone started to ring. I realized I had thrown my bag when I first walked in. I walked to my dining table and grabbed my phone from the bag, relieved it hadn't broken. Then, I realized Shemar was calling.

I did not want to answer him, but I knew I had to. I pressed answer and there was a bit of awkward silence.

"Pretty boy, I-"

"Don't Pretty Boy, me! Why didn't you tell me?" I yelled.

"I couldn't. I didn't want to hurt you."

"Oh believe me, this is way worse."

"Let me come over and we can talk."

"What's there to talk about?" I realized I wasn't being rational, but I couldn't stop my words. I was broken.