Chapter Ten// Tired

A pain in my chest woke me up. I was in Shemar's arms. He must've touched my chest in his sleep.

I slipped out of bed and wrapped a bathrobe around my body. I sulked into the kitchen area of our room. I decided to eat some chips that we got from the sports arena yesterday as my breakfast.

I heard moving from within the bedroom. It sounded like shuffling and the hitting of other objects. Shemar was probably awake and getting changed.

I soon saw him walking into the kitchen. He plopped into a seat beside me. He was now wearing grey sweatpants, but no shirt.

"Morning," he sighed as he stole my chip bag.

"Tired?" I joked.

Shemar smiled at my bad joke. I knew he was tired. We stayed up pretty late last night.

"Should we go out to lunch later? We have one more night in the hotel," I proposed.

"Yeah sure," he said, tiredness still slurring his voice.

I looked up at mine and Shemar's charging phones. I had forgotten all about them. I got up and turned on mine.

Thomas and Paget had both called me a few times. We weren't filming, so why were they calling?

"Hey Shemar, have you checked your phone in awhile?" I asked.

"No. Why? Do I need to?"

"I've got missed calls and texts from Thomas and Paget."

Shemar went over to the counter beside me. He turned it on and raised his eyebrows. "I have some too."

I called Thomas and put my phone to my ear. I needed to make sure it was nothing important.

"Hey Matthew."

"Hi."

"What's up? I called you and Shemar and you both didn't answer."

"Oh nothing. I've been sleeping. Since you know, we're off work and all," I lied.

"Hah, okay. Do you know about Shemar?"

"Umm, I don't know. I haven't talked to him since yesterday when we went out to play some sports,"

"You play sports?"

"Apparently,"

"Okay. I just wanted to see what you two were up to."

After about 2 minutes was of small talk, he hung up. Shemar looked at me weirdly.

"That was random," he said.

"Hopefully he's not on to us," I said as a joke, but it did worry me.

"Probably not. Should we start getting ready?" Shemar asked.

"Yeah. I'll hop into the shower while you get dressed and all," I said.

"Okay," he replied, kissing my cheek and walking off.

*****

We went to a salad bar near the hotel. There seemed to be a lot of salad bars in Los Angeles.

"This is better than McDonald's," I joked.

"Sadly, no kazoos," Shemar replied, frowning.

"What did you do with that?"

He laughed. "I actually kept it. It reminded me of you."

I smiled. The McDonald's lunch could've be counted as our unofficial first date. Even if it was before either of us knew our feelings.

We weren't at the salad place long, considering we were both pretty tired from yesterday. We ended up getting a to-go box and leaving.

I changed into pajamas as soon as we got into the apartment and jumped onto the bed. I could sleep easily if I even barely closed my eyes. I could hear Shemar changing.

"We'll be going home tomorrow," he sighed as he snuggled in beside me.

"I had fun," I smiled.

"Me too." We laid in silence for awhile. I thought about what the cast would think if they found out about us.

"Is this wrong?" I thought aloud.

"What?"

"Us being together. We're co-stars and dating each other."

"All that matters is that we enjoy ourselves together. That's what I think."

I turned to face Shemar and snuggled into his arms.

"I agree," I stated as I started to drift into sleep.