Chapter Seven// Casual Affair

The next morning, we woke up in a really awkward position on the small hotel bed. When I got the strength, I pushed myself out of the bed and into the bathroom. I stared into the mirror as I let my thoughts race.

The experiences of last night haunted me as I changed into clothes and walked back into the room.

I slipped into my bed acting like everything was normal, telling myself that everything was normal. I knew it wasn't.

Shemar woke up not too long after I laid down. He looked at me awkwardly and I wondered if he was remembering last night.

"Did I actually fall asleep like this?" he said instead. I somewhat forgot he was still naked under his sheets.

However, I felt relieved that he didn't remember last night. "Hah, um, yeah I guess." I tried my best to lie.

I turned away while he went to the bathroom to put on clothes. Part of me wanted him to never know about this, but the other part of me was curious to know what he would think about it.

We ate the chocolate bars and what was the rest of the potato chips for breakfast. We made small talk, which really got on my nerves, but it was better than nothing. It kept me away from my thoughts.

We shortly drove to work and started shooting our first few scenes. I kept getting distracted every time Shemar said a line, especially if it was to Spencer. It messed me up.

After the shot, Thomas came up to me. "Are you alright Matthew? You've been acting distracted today."

"I'm alright. I just don't sleep well in hotels," I lied.

"Okay, I just wanted to ask because when Mandy was acting weird, he left and I don't want you to leave," Thomas said.

"What? No I'm definitely not gonna leave, I just feel weird today." I stormed off in the other direction. I soon heard footsteps behind me.

"Matthew?" Shemar's voice was clear. The footsteps stopped, which probably meant he had given up on chasing me.

I stopped and turned around. "Yes?"

"Are you sure everything is alright?" he asked.
"It seems like you've been avoiding me."

I sighed. There really was no way out of this one.

"Just because we play profilers doesn't mean we are profilers," I rambled.

"What's wrong?" he asked, walking up to me and putting his hand on my shoulder. I slowly felt at ease with his hand there.

"It's just," I bit my lip, scared of telling him. I felt he would hate me forever.

He smiled. "Come on, tell me. It's probably nothing."

"Last night," I breathed, "was more eventful then you remember. Way more eventful."

Shemar sucked his breath in. "Oh," he mumbled, taking his hand off my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I didn't want you to hate me," I replied softly.

We both got quiet for a minute. I was sure I had ruined everything. I saw him look around, as if inspecting the hall, and then he opened his mouth.

"So, I'm guessing you wouldn't want a relationship with me?"

"What?" I asked, my eyes growing big.

"Would you want to be with me if you could?" Shemar asked, looking me in the eyes.

I knew I finally had the chance to say everything I ever wanted.

"I've been liking you for awhile now, I just never had the gut to tell you. And it's kinda against the rules. I didn't wanna get you fired," I explained.

Shemar held my hand. "I understand."

"Does this mean we're together now?" I asked, my voice in a whisper.

He smiled. "Yeah, sure."

We walked back to the set, which kinda ruined our moment. We had to stop holding hands the moment we saw Joe and Thomas. And soon we had to get back to our scripts.

Maybe all the budget cuts was worth it.