Chapter Eleven// Rumor Has It

*nine months later*

We managed to hide our relationship for a long time. It was hard, sneaking around and everything. But it was worth it. Even if everyone was on to us.

A.J. gave me an odd look anytime I would mention Shemar. She always tried to bribe me of whatever I was hiding, but I always told her it was nothing.

Criminal Minds fan accounts and magazines started to catch on too...

⭐️Weird sexual tension between Reid and Morgan. Is the show setting up a romance between the two? Or are Matthew and Shemar hiding something? Will we find out by the season 4 finale??? Who knows? Only time!

That was only example that I found out about from my producer, Simon.

"Gubler, what is this?" he screamed at me as he ran into my trailer.

I examined it. "I don't know! This is what happens when you have models on a crime show with a growing fanbase!"

"Are you gay, Matthew?" Simon asked in a very concerning voice.

"No, are you? You're wearing a teal sweatshirt," I retorted.

"What? No. But these rumors..."

"They're rumors though, not exactly true." I stormed off towards the set.

Thomas raised an eyebrow at me as I stopped a bit in front of him. "What was that about?" he asked.

"Nothing," I scoffed as I sat down.

I looked around the room and saw Shemar being questioned by another producer. He rolled his eyes and walked away. I felt horrible for getting him into this.

He sat by me. I could feel tension. People around us whispered and stared. It was very uncomfortable.

"Welcome to popularity," Shemar sighed.

*****

The season ended on a cliffhanger. C. Thomas Howell seemed pretty good. He was the Reaper. I liked filming with him since he was from The Outsiders, which was a pretty good book.

The directors decided against putting Spencer and Derek in scenes together. There had been a few episodes with them mainly for the fans, but they tried to decrease our time together for the sake of the rumors. Season five was going to barely focused on us.

I could tell the rumors had died down, but people still believed them. They weren't wrong, but we couldn't confess.

Shemar was visibly upset about it. He had stopped getting near me when others were around. I was upset by it, but I understood.

One day, I felt too trapped to stay on the set. I hurriedly went outside and comforted myself with the fresh air. Little did I know, Shemar had been following me.

"I'm sorry I've been avoiding you," he confessed.

I looked around. "Do you want to go to the other side of the building or behind a tree? You know, paparazzi," I suggested, glad he was speaking to me.

"Okay," he breathed. We walked around the building where there was no one.

"I could tell you were avoiding me, but I get it. I'm tired of the rumors too," I said.

"And the sad thing is, they aren't exactly rumors," Shemar sighed, looking around us.

We sat down with our backs against the wall of the building. He put his hand on top of mine.

"I wish we could just tell everyone and get it over with!" he complained.

"I know, but we'd be fired." I looked down to the ground.

"Getting fired would be worth it. I don't wanna lose you," Shemar mumbled, turning his head toward me.

We both got quiet for a moment. I put my head on his shoulder. I wanted to stay like this. But there was always the job.

I thought about Lola and Mandy leaving. Did they feel tied down to acting like this? Were they tired of the attention?

"We should get back in there," Shemar broke my train of thought. We stood up and went inside separate doorways. Would the job really do this to us? Keep us apart? I tried to stop thinking about it as soon as the gave me the script for the last episode of season four.