Chapter Six// Budget Cuts

We got on the bus to Las Vegas. I had grew up in Las Vegas, so it would be cool to be there again. But I wished we'd just film in Los Angeles.

A.J. made the smart decision of asking about our hotel a bit before we arrived. Unfortunately, we got a very uncomfortable answer. We would have to share rooms.

All because the producers were too cheap to rent us our own individual rooms. Budget cuts seemed to always be the answer.

Food? Budget cuts. Bringing Kirsten along? Nope, budget cuts. Adding things to the episode? Budget. Cuts.

"There's enough of you to double up," Simon mumbled, hoping that would make us happier.

"We're actors. Can we not just pay for our own room if we want?" A.J. asked.

"You're not spending any of your own money on this trip," Simon smiled. "It's your vacation."

He noticed that no one was excited about this, so he exclaimed, "It's Vegas! You can go anywhere you want during breaks and get drunk or whatever, just don't let it affect your acting,"

Shemar smiled. I knew he would be one of those people that liked to party. I was good at playing cards at least. Maybe I could get some money off of gambling.

We arrived at the hotel. It was nice and big. Deborah sighed as we got off the bus. "It's time for you guys to double up. Then Simon will give you the keys to your rooms."

Everyone paired up pretty quick. Thomas and Joe got a room. Then A.J. and Paget. That left me and Shemar.

I instantly felt awkward. Shemar acted like it was a fun sleepover that we would have and act like teenage girls. I just knew it would be torture for me to look across the room and see him sleeping not even close to me.

Shemar carried mine and his suitcases to our room. All I took was the key. It was a small room, and of course there was only one room with two beds, one bathroom, and a very tiny kitchen.

I got in the shower as Shemar left to buy food. It felt comforting to be alone in the apartment, not in awkwardness with him.

I was sitting on my bed reading a book when Shemar got back. He had two six-packs of beers and some Vodka.

"Did you buy any actual foods?" I sighed.

"Yes." Shemar threw a bag of chips at me and put some chocolate bars on the table. We were gonna starve.

We sat at the table and did a few shots. Well, I know I had a few shots, but Shemar might've had a little more than a few. Okay, a lot more than a few.

The night seemed to slip away. It was about 2am by the time I actually decided to look at the time. Shemar was pretty drunk, but somehow still in his mind. I was drunk too, but not as bad as him.

I lead him to his bed. He laid there and looked at me. "Pretty boy," he laughed, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to him.

I started to feel uneasy, but stayed there in an attempt to comfort him. Before I knew it, he started to unbutton my shirt.

"Shemar, what are you doing?"

He pulled me into a kiss. And that's the last I remember.