Chapter Twenty// Save Rock And Roll

Those few words, that one sentence, changes your life. I stood there in shock when he started to speak.

"Matthew, all these years we've known each other and been together. We've been through so much, and I know for sure how much I love you." Shemar proposed.

I started to tear up. This is what the dreams meant, this is what I've been leading up to the past 8 years of my life.

"Yes, of course." I cried as he stood up and kissed me.

Everyone in the building clapped and cheered. He slipped the ring on my finger after we kissed.

"I love you so much," I sobbed.

"I love you too, Pretty Boy." He said.

"To Matthew and Shemar!" Mark yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Matthew and Shemar!" The crew cheered.

There was so much happiness in my heart that I can't even describe with words. The engagement ring on my finger already felt natural.

"When's the wedding?" A.J. joked.

Shemar and I shared awkward glances.

"Oh yeah, that." Shemar stuttered.

*****
That Night

We talked about our wedding as we laid on our backs and stared at the ceiling from Shemar's bed.

"Where will we live?" I asked.

"I haven't thought that far yet. This whole marriage thing is already hard." We started to laugh.

"We can live at my place until we buy a house. It's not like we don't have money," I suggested.

"True. I do have one question though," Shemar started.

"Yeah?"

"What kind of dress are you gonna get?" I punched his arm as he fell into a fit of laughter.

"It's not that funny," I started to blush, stopping myself from laughing. Luckily it was dark and he couldn't see my red face.

He sighed and we listened to the sounds of the night coming from outside. I snuggled close to his chest.

He stroked my hair. I began to think of what would've happened if I never got the part. I didn't even want it in the first place. What would I be doing right now?

"I can tell you're thinking," Shemar broke the silence.

"You're correct," I said.

"Want to share?" He twirled a strand of my hair between his fingers.

"I was just thinking of what would've happened if I never got on the show," I told him.

"That's hard to think of," He replied.

"I'm glad everything happened like it did,"

"You know I'm glad."

We laid there for about an hour before we fell asleep.

******
Two Weeks Later

Planning a wedding is hell. No wonder most people just get married once. I once heard of a couple that broke up over arguments they had while planning their special day.

Shemar and I argued a bit, but we ended up not even caring in the end. Lots of the producers and friends we have that are married say "you can only have one wedding, so make it count."

So if we ever get divorced, or Shemar dies, I'm definitely not gonna remarry.

The joke about me having a wedding dress is floating around work, which was pretty embarrassing.