Chapter Twenty-One// Happily Ever After

I stood awkwardly as Gray fixed my tie, since I was too much of a nervous wreck to do anything. I wondered if Shemar was nervous too.

"Everything's gonna go great," Gray smiled as he finished me tie.

I smiled back and replied, "Thank you. Where's Laura?"

"Probably finding a seat with Mom and Dad."

I nodded. I looked around. Gray, Paget, AJ, and Kirsten are all inside the country club with me, getting ready and setting up the after party. Shemar, his brothers, and all the guests are already at the beach.

Since Shemar and I can't wear wedding dresses, Paget, AJ, and Kirsten are wearing white, knee-length "groomsmaid" dresses. Gray and Shemar's brothers, Romeo and Shenon, wear white tuxes white black ties. Shemar and I both chose black tuxes with white ties and white pocket flowers for each other to wear, so everything would have a theme.

Kirsten walked up to me and smiled. "We should get going," she muttered.

I nodded, and Gray and I walked out to the limo. We all gather inside and it takes us to the wedding venue on a beach not far from LA.

When I get out of the limo, I can see a bunch of people gathered in the seats and the distant figure of Shemar by the arch. I smile as butterflies fill my stomach.

I feel arms around me and look at Kirsten hugging me. "Everything will be perfect," she smiled. Then I watched it go down to the venue and get Shemar, Romeo, and Shenon.

We planned this wedding so much. Kirsten, Romeo, and Shenon would be on Shemar's side of the arch, like a groom's groomsmen In a standard wedding. Gray, Paget, And AJ would walk down the aisle and would be on my side of the arch, like the bride's bridesmaids in a standard wedding. Laura seemed pretty upset that she wasn't in the wedding, but she got over it quick enough after I told her she could hand us the rings.

Since we had no flower girl, Paget and Kirsten would walk down together first and go to their sides of the arch. Then AJ and Shenon would walk down together. Then Romeo and Gray. Lastly, me and Shemar. We would be together down the aisle, instead of one.

Time went by quickly and soon it was wedding time. Shemar had the biggest smile on his face, and though I was happy, I was nervous. I never thought I'd be getting married.

I watched Kirsten and Paget walk down and get in their spots. Then Shenon and AJ. Lastly, Gray and Romeo.

I focused on the quietness of the beach. I listened to the waves. I let myself be immersed in today. It was my day. I'd finally get to be with Shemar forever.

Shemar and I intertwined fingers and started walking down the aisle. Though my stomach was filled with butterflies, I felt truly happier than I had ever felt before.

We ended at the arch and looked at each other, straight in the eyes. His eyes were filled with happiness. We kept are figures locked as the minister began to speak.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today—" the minister started, and I stopped listening. I didn't care about the minister's words. All I cared about was that in a few minutes, Shemar and I would be married.

We did a quick prayer, which I wish would've been quicker. And then everything important to me happened.

"Now, as a sign of their promise to one another, Shemar Franklin Moore and Matthew Gray Gubler will exchange vows. They have written their own vows of marriage as to show us their heart for one another. Shemar, we will start with you."

Shemar smiled as the minister handed him a piece of paper.

"Matthew, I don't even know where to begin. Ever since we've been together, I couldn't be happier. We've had our ups and downs but we always knew a way to get back together. This show is what brought us together and I know I can never leave now." Shemar gasped after reading all of that.

"Thank you, Shemar. And now, Matthew, would you share your vows or marriage for Shemar," the minister smiled, turning toward me.

I gulped as he handed me the piece of paper with my vows. It had taken me weeks to figure out what to write. I hoped it was good enough.

"I never planned to act on this show. I wanted to work behind the scenes, but now I'm glad I ended up becoming an actor. I understand what it's like to have a cast like family. If I told my younger self what I'd be doing at this moment, he wouldn't believe it. I love you."

The minister smiled. "Thank you. Now, let's get on with the marriage."

"Matthew Gray Gubler, do you take Shemar Franklin Moore to be your husband, to live together in holy marriage?" the minister said. "Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both will live. If so, please say 'I do.'"

I smile and look into Shemar's eyes. "I do."

"Shemar Franklin Moore, do you take Matthew Gray Gubler to be your husband, to live together in holy marriage," the minister repeats, just switching our names. "Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both will live. If so, please say 'I do.'"

"I do," Shemar replies, smiling brightly at me.

"The grooms will now exchange rings as a daily reminder of the promise you have made," the minister said as Laura stood from her seat in the first row to bring us our rings.

I watched as the minister picked up the ring I bought for Shemar and handed it to me. "Matthew, please put this ring on Shemar's finger and repeat after me."

I slipped the ring onto Shemar's finger and repeated the minister's words, even though I was paying little attention to them.

Soon, Shemar was placing my ring on my figure.

"As the grooms have now consented to marriage and made their vows before God and their witnesses, I now, by authority as a minister of Christ, pronounce you as husband and husband. You may now kiss!"

I felt as Shemar's hand touched my cheek and soon traveled into my hair. Our lips soon met, and I couldn't be happier. When we parted, we were both smiling more than ever before.

We walked back down the aisle, but this time married. And we rode the limo to the country club.

The after party was great, but it went by very quickly. The most I remember was two songs.

The first, I was getting drinks for me and Shemar. The songs Memories by Panic! At The Disco played. Thanks to that song, my mind raced with memories.

I thought of me getting the role of Spencer Reid. I thought about meeting Shemar for the first time. When I first realized I had a crush on him. Our night in the hotel. Playing mii sports, I was so happy that day. The pain we went through for a few months when he couldn't handle the fame. Us reuniting after all the pain. Spencer and Derek becoming a couple on Criminal Minds. Everything was amazing, and I was the luckiest person alive to have it all happen to me.

The second song, I don't even remember what song it was. It was a love song, and it was the last song of the night, so Shemar and I danced to it.

"I love you," Shemar smiled as we swayed back and forth.

"I love you too." I tightened my grip around him and let my head rest on his shoulder. It know seemed as if we were hugging and swaying, but it was comfortable.

"I can't believe all this happened just 'cause of me being drunk one night," Shemar laughed.

"Yeah," I chuckled, "but I'm glad it did."

We kept swaying. I thought more into detail of that night. I slightly lifted my head from Shemar's shoulder and looked at Simon. He was at the food bar, drinking a glass of some type of alcohol and talking to Paget.

I smiled and thought, Thank you, budget cuts.