The party

"You look beautiful Skylar" my grandfather said as I made my way down the stairs.

I smiled looking down at him and my friend Colin

Pops took my hand and helped my down.

"Look just like your mother." I looked up at pops and saw that he was trying not to break. I pulled him to me and hugged him.

"Thanks pops."

"Alright enough of the sappy drama. Let's get you two into that ball." I laughed pulling back and looking to Colin.

"You look great sky." Getting closer to him I fixed his tie with a smile.

"You don't look to bad yourself." A smile went to his face as he took my hand leading me to the doors.

"Oh. I almost forgot. This is your Christmas present." Colin handed me a box With a little bow on it.

"Colin my gift for you hasn't come yet

"Colin my gift for you hasn't come yet. It's not even Christmas." I went to hand it back to him but he stopped me.

"I don't care. I can't be here for Christmas so I want to see you open it."

I sighed knowing he wouldn't stop till he got what he wanted. I opened the box and looked at the necklace he had gotten me. It was beautiful.

"I love it Colin." Pulling it out He grabbed it to put it on.

"What about your gift?"

"Don't worry about it." He laughed taking the box from me and putting it down.

"Right now all we have to worry about is getting you into that party. Let's go." I laughed as he pulled me in.

The doors opened and me and Colin stood in awe of everything around us. It was all decorated for Christmas that was only a few days away.

"They got a fudge fountain." I looked to were Colin was looking and saw that he was right. We looked to each other with devilish smiles and knew what was going down.

We both took off down the stairs laughing and pushing each other. You would think we were kids the way we were acting. To be honest it was actually the first and only time that I really got to act like a kid.

We ran into the crowd and started going through people.

I bumped into someone and felt my small body go back. I waited to feel the floor as I went back but I never did. Instead I felt two strong arms wrap around me and pull me to a hard Chest.

Looking up I saw a very good looking man. His light gray eyes boar into my green ones taking my breath away.

"Are you ok?" He asked and I could hear an accent with it.

"Y-yes." And just as fast as his hands we on me, they were gone. I was pulled from him by Colin. Looking up I saw that the man was now giving Colin a hard cold stare.

" Excuse me" Colin said pulling me with him. I took one last look at the man and saw him looking at me before I was pulled away.