Don't hurt

Skylar's P.O.V.

I washed my hair and got all the flour off of my body before getting out of the shower

I washed my hair and got all the flour off of my body before getting out of the shower. When I got out I put my hair into a messy bun and found some cute pjs.

I went down and found Declan by the fire. I went up to him and saw he had two cups.

"Last time I made hot cocoa I was 11 so...I don't think it's going to be the best." I laughed taking the cup from him and sitting with him.

I couldn't believe he had done that. It was cute that he tried for me.

We both looked up to the tree and I smiled looking at our work.

We sat there for a while just talking and admiring the tree.

"You know since you Won't let me play the Christmas music I'll just have to sing it." I laughed putting my empty cup down.

"Oh god." He chuckled as I got up grabbing onto a a candle and pulling it to me like it was a microphone.

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas."

"Was there something in your cup? I may have given you the wrong one. did it taste rummy to you?" Declan asked picking my glass up and looking at it.

I laughed but continued.

"Let your heart be light

From now on

Our troubles will be out of sight"

"Alright that's enough for you for one night." He got up and I ran into the kitchen turning the radio on.

He followed slowly watching me. It was a new song so I started singing to it.

"I'll be home for Christmas

You can plan on me

Please have snow and mistletoe

And presents on the tree

Christmas Eve will find me

Where the lovelight gleams

I'll be home for Christmas

If only in my dreams" I moved around the kitchen as he followed trying to grab me.

He finally got a hold of me and lifted me up onto the counter.

"Now it's time for bed."

"Your accent...its Irish?"

"Took you that long to figure that out?"

I laughed and he did as well. He took the candle from me putting it beside him.

"Well I knew but never really thought to ask. I'm guessing both your parents are Irish?"

"No" he shook his head looking down.

"No just my dad." I could see that it was hard for him to talk about his dad.

I pulled his head up to look at me. "What's wrong?"

"Let's just say that he's not a good man." I didn't want to push him. I understood that it was a hard topic.

"Ok." I nodded Looking away.

"What about you?" I looked back to him fast.

"How were your parents?" I instantly got a flashback to that night. I saw it all and heard it all.

"Yeah I guess you could say the same for me." I whispered looking away.

I didn't want to talk about it and walked to move on. I jumped down and went to walk off.

"Well I think we should get to bed." I wiped my hands off on my shorts and went to move but he stopped my cupping my face in his hands and slamming his lips to mine.

I felt my heart go and everything in me explode when he did that. I was shocked at first but grabbed onto him kissing him back. He lifted me back onto the counter and got in between my legs pulling me as close as he could to him.

I felt him trying to get his tongue into my mouth and I closed my mouth. his hand traveled down my back and felt it reach my butt as he pulled me to him. He squeezed it and I squealed giving him the time to put his tongue into my mouth.

I moaned pulling him closer to him. How could this man do this to me. We didn't even know each other and here I was letting him do this to me.

He started to kiss down my neck and pulled me off the counter. I held onto him as he moved us to the living room.

He placed me on the couch and got on top of me kissing me.

Why did I want this? Why did I want him this bad.

His hands slipped up my shirt and I felt goosebumps go all over my skin. I ripped his shirt apart and opened it to feel his chest. I pulled back when I felt something off. I looked to see he had scars on his chest.

I covered my mouth as I let my fingers go over them.

Declan took my hand and placed it in his cheek.

"They don't hurt."

"W-who did it." I don't know why I wanted to know but I did.

"My father." Tears fell out of my eyes as I looked up at him.

He sat up fast and pulled me with him. I wrapped my arms around him and held him.

"I'm ok now." I was still in shock at what I saw. I looked down at them and he pulled my chin up to look at him.

"You've helped with the pain. I don't know how but you have." He said.

I looked back down at them and tried not to cry. I put my head in between his head and shoulder as he wrapped his arms around me.

I didn't want to ask how he got them. I just wanted to sit with him and hold him.