She's who

Declan's P.O.V

I stepped foot into the house of someone that knew to much. Someone that knew all about my family and what we did.

I walked into the ball room and saw how many people were here already. Looking around I spotted a few women looking at me. I fixed my coat and walked off.

I went to go grab a glass of wine when I felt something run into me. As I looked down I quickly grabbed onto what ever it was.

Looking down I saw a small girl hows eyes looked right into mine. She didn't look scared of me like most people were. In fact it didn't seem as though she even knew who I was.

"Are you ok?" I asked holding her in my arms. Looking down at her I saw just how beautiful she was.

"Y-yes" She trembled and for some reason it made me mad. I didn't want her to tremble with me.

As I went to say something she was pulled from me and I looked fast to see a boy had her now. My blood boiled as I saw his hands on her.

"Excuse me." He said as he pulled the girl from me. Oh how I wanted to hurt that boy. I watched as she disappeared from my sight.

"Boss. We found him." My friend and right hand man Shane said walking up to me.

"I want you to find out everything about that girl." I know that he saw who I was talking about. He probably was watching before he came.

"Yes sir." And with that I turned grabbing a glass off the tray of a man passing and walked off to find the man that knew to much.

I found him soon and saw him turn to his friend as he spoke. I got close enough to hear but not to close to make him see me.

"Peter when are you going to find them? They have killed again. This time one of our own."

I thought back to what he was talking about. A few weeks ago we had gotten caught up making a trade when a cop showed up. I tried to get him out with out hurting him but I was to late. They shot him before I could do anything.

"I'm close. We found new information on the McLoughlin family. We can get someone on the inside to tell us something."

So that's how they were doing it. They had someone on the inside working for them. And I think I know just who it was.

"I can't do this for long Mike. I'm old now and I have a granddaughter that I would really like to see grow up. She just started to talk after what she saw and has been through. I can't have her lose someone else." I followed to were Peter was looking and my jaw dropped.

It was the girl that I had bumped into. The girl that I had asked Shane to find out about. She was Peters granddaughter. I felt something in me go when I saw that boy again laughing and having a good time with her.

I saw Shane out of the corner of my eye and I walked to him.

"She's-"

"She's Peter Harris's granddaughter." I cut him off looking around the room for her. I didn't have a plan just yet but was coming up with one.

"Yeah... Skylar Harris. so why do you care about her?"

"I don't know." I spotted her dancing with the boy and again I had to hold myself from doing something I would regret.

"She doesn't look at me like she's scared." Was all I said before I walked off.