Through hell

Skylar's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes slowly felling warm and safe. I felt something around my waist and I jumped up looking to see Declan sleeping next to me peacefully.

I jumped away and looked down to find a new shirt on me.

"Skylar." I looked up to see Declan with the happiest smile. He grabbed me pulling me to him. I didn't know what to do and thankfully he let me go.

"I'm happy that your ok" I pulled my arms from him and felt tears falling from my eyes.

"Why did you save me."

"What?"

"I didn't want to get saved. I should have died." I felt like I was going to break when I saw how sad he was. Why did I feel like that for him? He was a monster.

"Don't you ever say that." He pulled me to him.

"He's dead and now I have nothing." I cried feeling sick all over again.

"Not true." I grabbed onto him as he held me. I just was to upset to be alone.

I looked down at his hands and saw that he had bandages on them.

"What is that from?"

"I broke the ice to get to you."

I couldn't believe he did something like that to himself to get to me. I felt bad that I had done that now.

There was a knock at the door and he looked to the door getting up.

"Doc thanks for coming." I watched as some man walked in with a bag. He shook hands with Declan and turned to me.

"You must be Skylar. Your lucky to be alive right now." He took my hand and shook it.

"Why don't we check how you feel?"

If only he knew.

"Ok"

Declan's P.O.V.

I walked out of the room leaving the doc and Skylar. I went down to my office to find Shane already there.

"What did you get on her and Peter?"

He grabbed a file and looked down at it with a sigh.

"I got to tell you Declan...this girls been through hell."

"What do you mean?"

He opened the file and I sat as he handed it to me to read.

I looked at it all and felt my heart break with everything that was there.

"Find out Who was in that fire." I threw the file on the trash and got up grabbing a bottle.

"Declan we have to work on finding-"

"I SAID. I said find out about the fire."

I had to keep myself from freaking out. He was only trying to help.

"Right away." He sighed getting up.

"How long do you think you can keep her from the truth?" He asked stopping at the door.

"You saw the file. Don't bring her into anymore bad things Declan."

I hated that he was right. I wanted to say that he wasn't but looking at what she's been through...

I put the bottle down holding onto the chair as he left. What was I going to do.