Don't like it

Skylar's P.O.V.

It was a few days later now and I have gotten closer to Declan. I even came out of the room a few times to be with him.

I was sitting with him in his living room as he did work. My legs were on his as he typing  away on a computer. Looking over at him I realized he was always dressed up for business.

"You know it's not nice to stare." I jumped when he said that not realizing that I had been looking at him for that long.

"Sorry." I looked away and looked around the cabin. It wasn't very Christmasy considering Christmas was only 8 days away now.

"Why don't you have any Christmas decorations?"

"Because I don't like them." I sat up fast looking at him with a questionable look.

"What?"

"I don't like Christmas."

I looked around and felt a smile go to my lips.

"Let's get a tree." I sat up moving closer to him.

He looked up from his computer at me like I was crazy.

"It will be fun. We can cut one down from outside just like I used to." I pushed his computer closed and made him look to me.

"If I say yes will you let me work?"

I nodded my head like a little kid.

"Fine." I jumped up fast running to my room to get changed. Declan had finally gotten me some clothes that were my size so that I didn't have to wear his anymore.

We had gone out and gotten a tree that was big but not to big. When we came back in he pulled old boxes out and put the tree up.

I went to the boxes and opened them as he checked the tree.

"So. Why don't you like Christmas?"

"I don't know...never really had a real one before I guess."

"That's sad. You had to have had one real one?"

He didn't answer me. "Well I have a favorite one." I smiled remembering it like it was yesterday.

"I was 9 and my mom had spent so long and hard on trying to make it perfect. Pops ended up burning the chicken and we found ourselves at a restaurant eating whatever they had left. My mom cried that night thinking Christmas was ruined. I had told her that I loved it. Pop that night made hot cocoa with me and we watched Christmas movies as we ate the gingerbread house that we tried to make." I laughed thinking about it. We never could make gingerbread houses correctly.

"Well that was a long time ago." I grabbed an ornament and looked at it.

"I was 13. It snowed so bad Christmas Eve that we didn't think we could go anywhere. My mom felt bad because we were going to go to my uncles. We stayed in and made cookies the whole day."

"These boxes were here's I just never really looks at them."

I looked to him as he told me this. That gave me an idea.

"Let's get this tree decorated." I said as I handed him a box.