Dance like that

Declan's P.O.V.

It was the morning before Christmas Eve and I had work to finish up.

There was a knock at my door and I looked to see Shane come in.

"We found him. When can we take care of him?" He said with a smile as he sat down.

"We will do it tomorrow if we can." I was so happy that we found him that I had forgotten that it was Christmas Eve.

"Great I'll have the guys bring him in"

I sat down with a smile on my face knowing that things were going good now.

Skylar's P.O.V.

I woke up and stretched getting up. I went to leave but stopped when I saw something by the foot of my bed. I walked over to it and saw that it was a box with a note on it.

Dear Skylar,

Wear this tonight. I have something planned for us.

Declan

I opened the box and instantly my mouth dropped.

I pulled the dress out of the box and held it up in awe

I felt a smile go to my face and I danced around with it

"What are you up to Declan." I laughed thinking about it.

Later that night I had gotten ready. The whole day Declan wouldn't tell me what his plans were.

I put the dress on putting my hair back. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. The dress was lovely and I couldn't believe he had gotten it for me.

There was a knock at my door and I looked to see Declan in a suit coming in. He looked up at me and his eyes went wide.

"Skylar...you look beautiful." I felt butterflies in my stomach when he said that.

"Thank you." I turned with a smile back to the mirror. He walked to me and I could see him in the mirror.

He brought around a small box putting it in front of me.

"What's this?" A grin went to his face as he placed it in my hands.

I laughed and pulled it open to see a necklace. It was rose gold with a rose on it.

"It's beautiful" I whispered looking at it

"It's beautiful" I whispered looking at it. Declan took it from my hands and went to put it on me but stopped seeing that I had a necklace on already. It was the one that Colin had given to me.

I grabbed it taking it off and putting it on the dresser. Slowly Declan places his necklace on me.

"Beautiful." He sighed looking a me in the mirror making a small smile come to my face. He turned walking to the door.

"You coming?"

I looked down a the necklace Colin had given to me and nodded my head.

"Yes." I turned walking off with him.

Declan's P.O.V.

I lead her down the stairs and stopped her right before we moved putting a blind fold on her.

"Declan I can't see." She laughed as I guided her through the house.

"Well you will soon." I sat her down and turned the music on before I pulled the blind fold from her eyes. Once I did that her eyes lit up at the sight in front of her.

"I wanted to have dinner with you. One that didn't require us ordering something and eating it in the living room."

She laughed looking up to me. "I love it. Thank you." I smiled feeling like I did good. I ran and sat down in front of her and we sat having dinner.

I loved it. I loved learning about her, I loved listening to what she had to say...and I think I loved her. Could that be? A man like me. A man who's done the things I've done. Could it be that I could love her?

"You put Christmas music on and didn't turn it off." She smiled taking a sip of her drink.

"Well you've changed me." I laughed

I'll be home for Christmas Came on slowing things down and I looked to her. I got up walking over and putting my hand out to her.

"Dance with me." She slowly but surely took my hand.

Pulling her up I lead her closer to the music and spun her around making me laugh. I dipped her and she squealed holding onto me and I brought her back up laughing.

"Where did you learn to dance like this."

"My mother." She raised her eye brow and nodded her head.

"I can see she raised you right then. A man who can dance and cook." My mother was like that. Wanted me to be a gentleman and I was.

"She did."

"What happened to her?" I looked down at her and slowed down a little.

"She got cancer when I was 13 and died two days after Christmas." I saw her jaw drop.

"T-that Christmas you said that y-you made c-cookies with her."

Nodding my head I moved with her. "We did. That was the last day she could actually stand up and be with me."

She had been battling cancer for a while. We thought she was going to make it but it came back a few months earlier.

"After she passed I moved here to America."

"Well. I think she is a wonderful woman and that she did a great job with you." I smiled down at her. If only she knew what my father had done. What I had done.

When the song was over she walked over grabbing her glass and walked over to the tree.

"When you said I changed you. What did you mean?" I followed her putting my hands in my pocket.

"Like in a good way or a bad one?" She was cute when she worried.

"Because that could be bad. Not that your bad just that it could be bad for me-" I grabbed her face kissing her to shut up. Well at first it was to shut her up. Then I really just wanted her lips on mine.

"For the good. You've made me a better man. A happier one." She smiled before she jumped up kissing me again.

I wanted so much to take her but I couldn't do that to her. I pulled back and put my head to hers.

"If we don't stop I don't think I'll be able to."

"What if I don't want to."