Come back

I had tied up the blankets and opened the window kicking the screen out. I threw the blankets out the window and saw how far of a drop it was.

I climbed half way out of the window and grabbed onto the blankets. Looking down I realized I still had my necklace that Colin gave me.

The only other person I had left was him. I felt the tears fall as I remembered him.

I jumped out holding onto the blankets and shimmed my way down. Once my feet hit the snow I realized two things. One: I had done that and I was free. And two: I had no shoes or clothes other then the flannel on.

Run was all I could do now. Get far from here and worry about that later. There had to be a house around here somewhere.

I smiled looking down at the snow. This was it, my time to run and get far from here. I walked forward but knew my feet would be numb soon.

"HEY" I heard and looked to see that man that was with Declan coming out of the house. I turned and ran not waisting time looking back. I ran into the woods and ran so far from here.

I felt my feet numbing but knew I couldn't stop. I heard a car following and knew it wouldn't be long for them to catch up.

My body gave out on me and I went flying down a long hill.  As soon as I hit the ground I took hold of my arm feeling instant pain in it. I looked back up the hill to see the car that was following me. 

I could see Declan in it as he jumped out. Pushing my body off the ground I looked up to him seeing that he was worried.

"SKYLAR." He screamed as I started running again and this time he followed on foot. I ran but stopped seeing that there was a house. I felt relief take over as I went to run to it but stopped once I felt cracking.

Looking down I saw that I was on a pond with ice on it. It wasn't far but one wrong move and I could end up in the water.

I had to cross it to get closer to the house. Looking back I saw that Declan was getting closer.

My feet were frozen and I felt my body shivering as I stepped onto the ice softly. I felt it braking under me and knew I only had seconds.

I looked back to Declan as he screamed for me.

"SKYLAR." Tears fell from my face as I looked at him.

"Just come back." He was trying to reason with me at a time like this? I watched as he slowly stepped onto the ice.

"He's dead Declan. He was all I had." He was pleading me with his eyes to come back. Like it would do anything to help

"Skylar please don't do this." I looked down and saw the ice breaking knowing I didn't have much time. Looking to him I felt it give away and I fell into the water. Everything went black.