Don't leave me

Declan's P.O.V.

She had gotten out of the room. I saw that she tied the blankets together and climbed out of the window. Got to hand it to her. It was one hell of a fall and she didn't seem to be bothered by it.

When Shane came in telling me that she had escaped I almost didn't believe it. We got in a car following the footprints that she left behind.

"What do we do." Shane hissed as he drove through the woods like a mad man.

"We fucking find her that's what."

"What if we don't Declan! She could say something to someone and we're all fucked." I didn't want to think about that. Frankly all I cared about was Skylar. I wanted to protect her but she couldn't see that.

"There She is." I screamed seeing her running through the woods. She tripped going down a hill and I had Shane stop the car.

I got out looking down to see her getting up holding her arm. her frail little body looked exhausted but I knew she wouldn't give up. She was Peters granddaughter after all.

"SKYLAR" I called as she started to run and I followed after her.

I followed her all the way down to the pond that she stopped at. I felt my heart go as she stepped onto the ice. This girl wasn't afraid of anything.

"SKYLAR." I screamed and she turned to me. I could see her tears and how red her face was. I had to get her out of the cold or she could get worse.

"Just come back" my voice broke as I tried stepping onto the ice.

"He's dead Declan. He was all I had." She screamed to me as I watched where I was stepping. She was crazy and I understood why. She had lost her grandfather and I didn't help taking her from him. I just had to get her to understand why I did it.

"Skylar please don't do this." She looked down and I wished she hadn't. When she looked back to me my heart dropped as I saw her fall through the ice.

"SKYLAR." I cried running out on the ice. I slid to the hole in the ice and saw that she wasn't there.

"SKYLAR" I screamed panicking and looking around the ice for her. I crawled to the other side and saw that she was stuck to something like a stick. It wouldn't hold her for long which meant I didn't have much time.

I pulled my gun out and started hitting the ice chipping it away.

"DECLAN." I looked up to see Shane getting out of the car.

"SHES UNDER THE ICE. Get something to break it." I screamed continuing to hit it with my gun. I saw her face threw the ice and wanted to reach out to her and grab her and hold her close. What

I heard Shane running to us and he slid getting down next to me giving me a shovel that he had.

I grabbed it slamming it down hitting the ice over and over again. I threw it when It was close to her and started hitting the ice with my hands.

"FUCK." I screamed as it broke and I grabbed her pulling her up. My hand hurt like hell but all I could worry about was Skylar.

Her lips were blue and she was freezing. I didn't hear her heart when I put my ear to her chest. I started doing CPR and I blew into her mouth. I pulled back when she started coughing and saw water come up. I smiled seeing that she was still with us.

"Go start the car." I screamed as I picked her up. Shane took off to the car as I started to walk across the ice that was still breaking under my feet. Nice and slow I kept repeating to myself to get off this ice.

"Skylar look at me." I hit her face making her head look to me. She was lifeless, like a doll. I would never forgive myself for doing this to her.

"Don't you dare leave me. Stay with me." I felt the ice break and I moved running for land. I got all the way back as the ice completely  broke  all around.

I ran to the car putting her in the back with me. Her body was as close as it could be to mine as I wrapped my jacket around her.

"A-shes turning blue Declan."

"I know. Get us home and call the doc." I pulled her body to mine and kissed her head prying that she would be ok.

When the car stopped at the house I grabbed her carrying her into the house.

"I'll call the doc." Shane said as I ran her up stairs. I went to my room pulling her into my bathroom. I put her down as I turned the water on as hot as it would go with out burning her

I pulled the shirt she had on off and grabbed her body putting it into the tub. I held her hand and saw how blue it was. She wasn't getting any warmer and I was getting scared. I pulled my clothes off getting into the tub with her pulling her body to mine.

Filling a cup with water I used it to help get her head warm.

"Sky Please." I cried kissing her head continuing to pure the water on her.

"Please don't do this to me." Pulling her to me even closer I grabbed her hand holding it to my lips. I just needed to know that she was alive.

I felt the smallest move of her fingers and I opened my eyes looking down at her. Her lips weren't as blue anymore and I felt like I was alive again. I kissed her cheek and laughed knowing she was ok.