Ying and Yang

Hundreds of years ago, a man created the eight servamps, Sloth, Pride, Envy, Wrath, Greed, Gluttony, Lust and Melancholy. This man had a friend that was like a brother to him, who had two sons whom he loved so much. He wanted his sons to live forever so he asked the creator of the servamps to turn his sons into servamps as well. The creator helped the father turn his first son into a servamp after he had turned another into the servamp of sloth. That son became the servamp of Peace. After the creator created his second servamp, he helped the father turn his second son into the Servamp of Battle. After these events, the creator proceeded to turn another six into servamps.

The father was happy for his sons, even though they were really upset about it. The two sons still loved their father, and took care of him until he died of old age, while the creator had found a way to cheat death. The Servamp of Peace, also known as, "Symbol of Peace" or "River of tears" , after burying their father, left and went on his way. The Servamp of Battle, also known as,"Blade of battle", was angry and downcast. He stayed around the area after many years. 

Blade and Symbol only reunited, after many many years, when Sleepy ash, the Servamp of sloth contacted them, after he had killed the Creator, warning them about C3.

As the years passed, both servamps had argued about how to handle things, be it Peace or Battle. They soon went their seperate ways...