What friends are for

A/N: There are only Minor changes in this one!! Feel free to read it again if you like!

"So, where would be an ideal place for you to live?", Merlin stretched as they walked down the corridor. "You mean, us.", Kyoko reminded. "Yeah whatever." Kyoko thought about it for a while, "Somewhere... close to a friend." "Seriously?", Merlin asked, unamused. "Yeah! I mean.. Well, wouldn't that be fun?", Kyoko smiled. "You... already have someone in mind huh?, Merlin sighed. "Do you think Mahiru has a neighbor that wants to move away??", Kyoko asked. Merlin laughed, "Well, let's go check it out then!"

After a ride on the bus, the pair dropped themselves off near Mahiru's apartment and started walking there, surveying the area for any "on sale" signs. Soon, they reached Mahiru's door. Kyoko knocked, "Hello? Sunshine! It's us!" The door opens, "Kyoko-san, Merlin! Ah, I didn't know you were both visiting today, it's a bit of a mess...", Mahiru looked down, embarrassed. "Ah Its okay!! We're house hunting."

"House hunting? You're not going to stay at the hotel anymore?", asked Mahiru, opening the door wider for the pair to walk in. As the pair entered the house, Merlin flew past Mahiru and Kyoko, all the way to Kuro and pooffed back next to him, "Hey Itoko." Kuro, who was lying on the ground, turned to him slowly, "Ah.. You're back... Can't deal...", He turned back.

"Yeah, my parents came to see us earlier today... We were attacked by some subclasses and-" "You too? Last night, me and Kuro were attacked by two of them!", Mahiru closed the door. "Really? Why didn't you say anything?" "They retreated after we gave them a beating, they were rather weak." "That's... almost the same thing that happened to us....", Kyoko sighed, "Nyx really wants us to go to her." Mahiru nodded in agreement, "Well, we have to be careful now." "Yeah..", Kyoko set her bag down by the door as Mahiru brought her to the dining table.

Mahiro and Kyoko sat at the table. "I wonder why Misono insist that we head to the farm, knowing that it's a trap.", Kyoko sighed. "Misono is really smart, I'm sure he has a plan.", Mahiru reassured her. "So, you're house hunting?", asked Mahiru, changing the subject. 'Yeah. Since uhh... I can't be staying at that hotel forever right?" Kyoko laughed. Mahiru smiled, "So... Why did you come all the way here?" "Well, I wanted to stay close to a friend. I was wondering if there was anyone nearby here who's moving away.. and stuff...", Kyoko blushed a bit, she didn't want to come across as clingy.

"Ah! Well, unfortunately there isn't really anyone in this apartment building... however I did remember someone selling their house somewhere in the neighborhood!", Mahiru recalled, "one of the terrace houses just around the corner." "Really?! That's great!", Kyoko smiled, "can we go check it out?" Mahiru stood up, "sure!"

Soon, the sloth and battle pair made their way down the street, they soon came to a house with an "On Sale" sign. The owners had let them in to take a look at the place. There was a nice, small backyard, a second floor... It felt like the farm had been compressed and brought here. It felt perfect. Kyoko smiled to herself. Even though mom was controlled earlier... what she said was true... I have to let go... but... why does it still hurt so bad?

She couldn't tell if she was happy or sad. "K-Kyoko-san...?", Mahiru looked at her, concerned. "Ah, it's nothing.", she said as she went upstairs to look around. Mahiru frowned. Kuro followed Mahiru into the kitchen, "oi... Mahiru..." "What is it, Kuro?", Mahiru turned to him. "Did... something happen with Kyoko..?", asked Kuro as he leaned against the counter.

"Kyoko-san always says its nothing. She keeps trying to act tough." "So...?" "Well, I really want to help her. But... I feel I'm in no place to help if she keeps brushing it off..." "hm.. what a pain...", Kuro sighed, "She probably doesnt want help." Mahiru frowned more, "Kuro, even if you dont want help you might still need it.", He crossed his arms. Kuro gave out an even longer sigh, "So troublesome."