Midnight Tea

(A/N): I made some changes in this chapter!!

Kyoko opened her eyes. She got and looked over to Merlin, who had finally found sleep. She groggily got up and walked over to her phone, to ckeck the time. 3:06 A.M. She looked around her to look for her slippers before quietly leaving their room.

She made her way to the Coffee and Tea machines outside, where there were some seats. She made her green tea and sat down, thinking about Nyx once again. She sipped her tea, the sound of crickets and toads reminding her of what happened just a few hours ago. She shivered at thought of it.

Just then, she heard some shuffling behind her. She wanted to turn and leave but a hand landed on her shoulder, turning her around. "Oh... It's you...", Kyoko looked up at the Angel, "I almost thought i had to summon my lead", Her eyes averted as she took another sip of tea, she realised that Licht had just kept quiet, "So.. what are doing here at this time?" "I wanted some hot chocolate. Do you know where to find the pantry?", Licht replied, his hand still firmly placed on her right shoulder. "Ah.. the pantry... It should be just down that hall.", she pointed. "Ah. Thanks."

"I think I should get back to sleep.", She turned to the direction of her room, before getting stopped by him again, "Kyoko...", he started. "Yeah?" Kyoko turned back. He had a certain look in his eyes... Concern? "Ah. Never mind." He turned away towards the pantry. Kyoko tilted her head in confusion before slowly making her way back to her room. She smiled a little on her way back. She sat down on her mattress and laid down, staring at the ceiling. She was touched that he was concerned about her, but she questioned it.

The ceiling reminded her of her farm, her home. Maybe she would bring her friends there one day, relax, clean up the place, tend to the sheep and horses... since now a few of her old friends are helping with her farm, she felt bad that she had to leave all the work to them. She remembered the huge field that they own, where she would, as a kid, run around with the horses and her old dog that passed a long time ago. She remembered her grandfather, who taught her how to ride a horse, while Delano taught her how to sing and play the guitar.

Her grandfather... something happened to him, but she didnt know what. Some said he had an accident, while the others said he was murdered. He was found lying by the side of the road, infront of their farm, holding a gun, and bleeding.

Kyoko's eyes started tearing. She got back up quickly and ran out. She didn't want Merlin to hear her crying. Midnight tea always did the trick. Made her remember all sorts of things , some important, some not. She ran out to the garden. She tried to hold the whimpers in as her tears fell freely down her face. In her mind, the two words that kept repeating... "Don't cry, don't cry."  

"Hmph." 

Kyoko jumped in shock at the voice. She slowly turned around... and there he was, standing there, in front of her. His hair flowing nicely with the calm wind blowing gently across the garden. With a look of disappointment on his face, Licht walked closer. "Do you want to cry?" He asked rather straightforwardly. Even catching Kyoko off guard. "I..." "You want to don't you? Then just do it." It was then when he grabbed her shoulder and pulled her into tense hug. 

Her head was leaned into his neck, while his arms were tightly around her. She felt her tears running again. She tried to hold it in again, her whimpering. "Just let it out.", Licht reassured her, as his grip tightened. All her pent up emotions were released as she buried her face into his neck and cried out, she needed this. All Licht could do was hold her, and let her emotions do the work.

After a few minutes, Kyoko had quietened down, they stayed in that position for a while, before she pulled away. She didnt want to. Neither did he. She bowed, "Thank you...", she straightened up, "I.. needed that." Licht quietly nodded in acknowledgement, not making any eye contact, before walking her back to her room. Just before she closed the door, she went in for one last, small hug and quickly closed the door. Licht was surprised by it, but coolly just brushed it off. However, when he got back to his room, he closed his door and slowly sunk onto the floor, trying to comprehend what he was feeling. He felt his heart beating rapidly against his chest

Kyoko flopped onto her bed, her face bright red. She smiled as she dried her tears. She knew she was falling rather hard for him. Though right then, she wasn't sure if Licht had felt the same way. She closed her eyes as a wave of exhaustion took over, falling into a deep sleep.