The new Eve

"Ms. Ikeda Kyoko, you may come in now.", said the nurse, as she beckoned the farmer girl toward her. Kyoko got up from her seat and entered the room. "Im sorry, but no pets in the infirmary." Said the nurse, pointing at the falcon sitting on Kyoko's shoulder. "Oh... could he please come in...? I dont want to leave him outside alone..",asked Kyoko. The nurse sighed and nodded, leading Kyoko into the room. The nurse pulls open the curtain, revealing Kyoko's grandmother, lying down on the bed, tearing up and smiling. "Grandma!", cried Kyoko as she rushed over to her side, "How are you feeling?" she asked, noticing that the nurse had left the room. It made her stomach churn a little. "Sweetheart... I... have to tell you something..." said her grandmother as she slowly sat up. Kyoko could feel the tears forming in her eyes. She wasnt dumb, she could clearly see what was coming and was hoping it would not come to past.

With a poof, a man with a leather chestplate and tattered kimono appears behind Kyoko, placing a hand on her shoulder."I... wont be here for long, Kyoko..." Kyoko felt her tears flowing as she started whimpering. "I know... i know grandma..." Kyoko placed her head on the bed's side and cries. Kyoko knew this was coming but... she just hoped it wouldnt come so soon. "Hey... Ko-chan... lets go okay...?", asked the man as he helped her up. "I'll meet you outside okay..? Just go first." Kyoko nods and slowly walks out, wiping her tears. The man looked at the grandmother before bowing, " It was an honour serving you." "You just take care of my granddaughter, Aka." said the grandmother, before she closed her eyes to rest. "I promise.." said Aka.

A few days later, Kyoko's grandmother passed peacefully. Kyoko then recieved a call from her parents, telling her to move to the city. Kyoko does as she's told. But the day before leaving...

"Hey, Ko-chan." said Aka. "Yeah?", replied Kyoko. "Lets form a contract." Kyoko stopped what she was doing and turned to him. "Wait.. what?" "You know, a contract",replied Aka. "Really...? You want me to be your Eve?" "Yeah, i promised your grandmother anyway." Kyoko smiled and runs to her room. She runs out holding a metal necklace, it looked like it had wings on it. "Here! I want this to be your contract item. Miku-chan told me that i would use this one day... and now i know why!" She held the necklace up proudly and Aka couldnt help but smile. Aka put on the necklace and said, "Now give me a name." "Merlin.",said Kyoko, like she had already thought of it a million times before. "Well i cant say i didnt expect that.",said Merlin, as he shrugged. "Now give me your blood."

"What? No!"

"We need it to form a full permanent contract!!"

"Well why didnt u tell me earlier?!"

"Your grandmother told me not to now give me your blood!!"

"ugh fine" said Kyoko as she extended her arm. "Here." Merlin took a small bite letting the blood flow and then proceeded to licking it off. "Do you have to make it so disgusting?" Asked Kyoko, clearly disgusted. A dark red chain appeared around Kyoko's arm and Merlin's neck. "There, im officially your Servamp, and you're now officially, the Eve of Battle." "Cool, now help me pack!",yelled Kyoko as she walked back into her room. "Hey dont treat this like its nothing!" ,exclaimed Merlin as he chased her.