Our Sunshine

Mikuni was cleaning his shop, Faust had expiremented in the main room again... He always made such a mess. Mikuni scrubbed off the ooze from his chair, "Ugh... stupid Faust always ruining my stuff..." He muttered under his breath. A shadow walked up behind him, giving him a tap on his shoulder. Mikuni turns around, annoyed, "Ah what is it no-" "You're brother called.", interrupted the tall and slender man before him. Mikuni's eyes widened, his brother would never call him... unless... There was something very wrong.

It was sometime in the afternoon, the Eves and Servamps were doing all they could to track their lost boy down. They didnt have much time left, given on how time passes so quickly. Misono was sitting in front of his laptop, while kuro was wide awake sitting next to him. The atmosphere felt heavy and suspenseful. I guess when Mahiru is not around all the positivity leaves along with him. Kyoko was seated on the couch, reading the book, looking for clues, Erica and Lawless went out to get some food.

Merlin was helping Lily and the servants to clean up the blood and glass. While picking up glass shards Lily found something interesting. A black beetle crawling on the floor. He proceeded to pick it up and place it in a small container. "Blade, look at this.", Lily motioned Merlin to check the beetle out. Merlin and Lily observed the beetle, it looked like it had a small golden bead attached on to it's right wing.

"Have you managed to track Mahiru's phone?", Kyoko walked over to Misono's side, taking a look at his computer screen. "No... I tried calling him twice but he didnt pick up.. However, from where he is now, it seems like he has connection.", replied Misono. "Try calling him again. Call him till anybody picks up.", Kyoko was not going to accept no for an answer. Licht observed Kyoko for the past half an hour, something was different. She didnt smile or even try to comfort anyone. Her eyes... they seem different, more focused. He also noticed that her expression darkened. The way she walked, talked and looked suddenly changed after the incident. Did something click..?

"Kyoko.", Licht called out. Kyoko turned over to him, "What is it?" Even the way she answered was short and rough. Licht stood up and walked towards her. He placed his hand on her head. "Mahiru is strong, and he will fight to survive. We will find him." He removed his hand and sat back down. Kyoko, trying to brush it off, sat next to Licht and continued reading the book. The dark expression on her face remained unfazed, but in her mind, a million questions plagued her. What if we're too late again? Will he really survive? I wish i was as confident as you Licht... Thank you.. but why? Why did you step up and comfort me? Why did it have to be Mahiru? Why did it have to happen to my friends...? Kyoko knew this was something she and her Servamp had to face, it was his past, not anyone else's. It's not right to let others fight your battles...

Dodo walked into the room, "He is here." The group stopped what they were doing and followed him. They soon reached the front door where a man with a hat was standing. "I had to come when my little Brother called.", the man paused and took a look at Kyoko and Merlin, "Ah Ko-chan, long time no see." The man tipped his hat. Kyoko nodded quietly, "same." She then returned to her previous activity. "Miku-chan? Heh you're a sight for sore eyes.", Merlin walked towards Mikuni giving him a fist bump. "Ah, seems like Ko-chan is in a bad mood. Something horrible must have happened, even my little brother called me.", Mikuni winked at Misono's direction making him twitch even more. "Yes. We were hoping if you knew anything about The Fallen Vampire." "Fallen Vampire.... hmm.. Ah! The Egyption war- wait. Where's Mahiru?", Mikuni seemed to realise that Kuro was alone. "That's what's the problem. Mahiru was taken by the "Fallen Vampire." We're trying to track him now before the distance limit kills him.", relied Misono.

"We also have this.", Lily lead the group back into the library and picked up the container, showing it to Mikuni," There is a golden bead attached to its wing, perhaps its real gold?" Mikuni slowly picks up the beetle examining it more carefully,"Well, there's only one way to find out. I asked dear Céline to fetch an... aqquaintance. He could help." "Hey! Who gave you permission to boss Céline around?", yelled Misono, the little strand of hair sticking out was twitching again. "Oh... shorty is getting mad again.", said Tetsu, sitting on one of the couches. "Stop calling me that!!" "Enough.", Kyoko's expression seemed to darken even more," We dont have time for fooling around you hear me?" She walked to Mikuni,"How much longer before your friend arrives?" "Anytime soon." "Good. Misono, back to work.",Kyoko sat back down and flipped through the book for almost the 6th time. "Don't worry guys, she... gets kinda... moody if she feels that any of her friends or herself are threatened.", Merlin explained. "I know.", stated Mikuni, who seemed to have recalled and seen Kyoko in this state of mind before. Misono sat back down at his laptop and tried to call Mahiru again.  Mikuni sat next to Kyoko giving her a pat on the back ,"We won't be late this time." "I hope so.", replied Kyoko.