Punk Play

A/N: This chapter contains only Minor changes, if you want to you may read it again if you like ^^"

"Ah...." Kyoko looked around the room... She crawled out of bed and picked up her phone. 3 missed calls. She looked at the time, it's still pretty early... 8 am. She checked the group chat; it was quiet with only a few messages from Mahiru telling them to be careful when they are on their own.

The doorbell rang loudly, her head shot up from her position, surprised. She slowly got up and walked toward the door, checking who it was. A woman in a white blouse and a black knee long skirt stood at the door. Her mother. Kyoko guessed that she would be on her way to work once she had finished discussing whatever she wanted to discuss about. She opened the door, "Hey.. Mom." Her mother's eyes shone brightly as she embraced Kyoko with possibly the tightest hug she could give. "M-mom-" "My little girl I've missed you so much!! Look at how much you've grown!" Her mother put her down, "Where's Aka?" "Ah Mom, he's actually called Merlin now. I gave him the name." Her mother frowned, "Gave him the name? For what?"

Kyoko looked at her mother confused, "Hasn't he told you about Servamps when you were a kid?" "Well yes, but... honestly I was never interested. In fact," she leaned in, "I never really like Aka's company." Kyoko moved back a bit, "Well, he's my Servamp now. So, you dont have to worry about him or me." Her mother looked rather upset. She sighed as she walked away, "hurry now, your Father is waiting." "Ah right... Merlin! We're leaving!", yelled Kyoko as she quickly grabbed her bag. "Hah? So early?? Ughh fine." He dragged himself out of the room, before turning into his falcon form and perching himself onto Kyoko's shoulder.

The three of them went downstairs, only to bump into the greed pair. "Ah? Oh! Kyoko!!", waved Hyde. "Hey Hyde, Licht." Kyoko nodded. Licht looked over and nodded as a greeting. "oh! oh my.. You're Licht Jekylland Todoroki! I've actually been in one of your concerts before!", Kyoko's mother extended her hand and smiled. Hyde shook her hand instead, "Sorry about that, Licht-tan is not a very sociable person. We're just heading off to his last rehearsal before his concert tomorrow." "Ah that's alright. Sweetie, why haven't you told me that you knew him?" Her mother asked. Kyoko sighed, "Mom, Dad's waiting for us." "Oh! Right! Come along now!" She rushed outside. Kyoko looked back at the pair, she mouthed the words, "I'm sorry, I promise I will be there tomorrow." She smiled and quickly ran off with her Mother.

They got into her father's car; her mother sat in the front. "Hey sweetie." Her father said as he helped her Mother put her bag on the carpet of the car and started driving. "Hey dad." replied Kyoko as she buckled in. "So... we wanted to talk to you about something important... it's about the farm." Her father started. Her mother continued, "You see, since you're living here from now on... We thought that maybe, it's time we say goodbye to the farm." Merlin pooffed back, "Wait, what?" Kyoko stared blankly for a few seconds, "Wait.... what....?"

"We're really sorry sweetie but, no one is paying for the farms bills or anything anymore... Me and your father have been helping your grandparents with a little money now and then but now that they're gone, we can't keep the farm anymore... We're putting it up on sale." Her mother sighed. Kyoko stayed quiet, her mind running through all the solutions to keep the farm.

Merlin clenched his fist, "Oi... You do know what you're trying to say to her right? To leave her home behind, just like that." "Ho- Merlin. Money doesnt grow on trees." Her mother stated. "But.. the horses.. our training equipment... everything..." Kyoko's breathing started to quicken, "We can't just sell them all away!-" "I KNOW- how you feel... Sweetie, but we all have to let go of something eventually..."

Kyoko felt the tears well up in her eyes, "Mom please... There has to be another way-" Her mother raised her voice, "That's what we came here to talk about Kyoko! Learn to deal with it." Kyoko was a bit surprised at this sudden change of tone. Her mother hardly ever raises her voice. Even Merlin was a bit shaken.