The real plan

A/N: Minor changes in this one!! But please read through, they are quite important! 

The black smoke floats off into the distance along with the mist. "Merlin... Do you think.. They'll go after the rest?", Kyoko asked. "Hmm...? Sure. But, I know my cousins. They'll protect them.", Merlin nodded.

Her parents slowly came out from the other side of the car. "Mom, Dad, are you okay?" "Yes, don't worry!" Her mother reassured. "The car is destroyed... We're going to have to use public transport." Her dad stated. "Right...", Kyoko looked down, thinking about her old home.

They waited awhile for her dad to call someone up to tow their car before using the bus all the way back to the hotel. Kyoko led them up to their room, where they began discussing about selling the farm to take their minds off the fight from earlier.

"So... we've put it up for sale once you left, the horses will be sold off and.. you equipment will most likely be destroyed.", Kyoko's dad leaned forward from his chair, "If you want to go back and grab more stuff, that is all okay with us... the next few days we will be looking for a new home for you..." Kyoko's mother had her hand placed on Kyoko's shoulder, rubbing it in hopes of comforting her.

"Sweetie... Me and Father are really really sorry... I honestly wished we could've done more... I really miss that home as well but.... we have no choice." Her mother hugged her. "Mom... it's okay.. I understand... but... me and my friends.. we need that place until next week.. is there any way to..."

"What do you mean? You are planning to bring your friends there? What will you be doing there...? Don't tell me its more fighting and vampires-" Her mother looked at her worryingly. "No! We.. uh.. I just want to show them the place. That's all.", Kyoko has lied to her parents many times before, especially about fighting and such. "Ah.. I'm really sorry Kyoko... We... can see about it but its already up for sale so, we can't let anyone live in it now.", said her Dad.

Merlin was lying on the bed, thinking about the fight from earlier... How long as Nyx been spying on Kyoko's parents? Nyx seemed to know that they were selling the farm. He twiddled with the pages of the magazine he was reading. He tried laying down all the information that they had learned that day. Nyx told these subclasses to kill the Eves, and so they did come and try. Merlin recalled when Hadley mentioned that Nyx taunted the three of them, "Nyx told us that we wouldn't even be able to touch you, Blade of Battle. Hah, what a Liar!" It's like Nyx didn't really expect the Eves to die, just to scare them... to remind them that nowhere is safe... and that the only way for the attacking to stop... is to go to her and kill her.

Merlin's eyes widened. She's luring them to her. He shot up from the bed. Causing Kyoko and her parents to turn to him, confused. "Ah.. sorry.. I uhh... need to use the bathroom." He slowly got up and made his way to the toilet.

Kyoko understood from that, that Merlin has figured something out, so she tried to cut short the conversation, "So.. Tomorrow I guess we meet again? We could take the bus around and look for a new home for me right?" Her parents were a little surprised but went along with it. "Yeah, we will see you downstairs tomorrow." Her parents stood up. Kyoko's mother gave her one last squeeze before they left the room.

"So... What'd you find?", Kyoko called over to Merlin. He stepped out of the bathroom. "Nyx. I know exactly what she's trying to do..." "What?", Kyoko tilted her head in confusion. Merlin sat down next to her. "She's trying to lure us to her... and we've been falling into her trap the entire time. All those attacks, illusions that you saw... She's using those to lure you to her. It's like she's saying, 'Coming to me is the only way for it to stop.'" "And the worst part it... We've been falling for that the whole time, thinking that those were just failed attempts of an assassination." "And not only that... Kyle...", Kyoko trailed off, standing up quickly and rushing to her phone.

"Kyle what, Kyoko?" Merlin followed her. "Kyle must have been sent to us to tell us where she is so that we can get to her. Right after I hallucinated about Nyx, Kyle appears out of nowhere." She continues, "It was all part of Nyx's plan the whole time." She texted the group,

Kyoko: Guys I think Merlin and I found out what Nyx's real plan is.

Mahiru: what??

Kyoko: She's trying to lure us over to her.

Mahiru: But... now what? I mean, you said she was weaker than a normal servamp so.. it should be fine right?

Kyoko: I dont know...

Misono: Ah.. I figured that out already.

Kyoko: what?!

Misono: Kyle disappeared this morning, he left a note telling us about everything. Seems like he's playing triple agent.

Mahiru: So, he's good.

Misono: I think so. I think we better head to the farm soon as well, tomorrow, after Licht's concert.

Kyoko: Hold on.. so, where's Kyle?

Misono: I'll tell you when we see each other tomorrow.

Kyoko put down her phone and started pacing. If this was the plan, why does Misono insist on going to the farm? Crap! I forgot to tell him about my parents selling the farm. She quickly dials Misono.

"Hello?"

"Misono! I.. I forgot to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"My parents are selling the farm. We can't use it."

"What?! This complicates things.... Has anyone bought it yet?"

"No... it's just been put up."

"I see.... I have to go, Kyoko-san. Dont worry, I'll find a way."

Misono hung up. "Misono...", Kyoko's hands dropped to her side. What are they going to do... Merlin sat next to her, "Kid.? A lot of things have been happening the past few days... Why dont we do some early house viewing first? Get your mind off things today." "How.. can you be so calm...?", Kyoko asked, "We're about to lose our old home... we keep getting attacked and our friends could be in danger..."

"Who says I'm calm? I'm worried as heck that I might lose you, maybe my cousins. But I'm the Servamp of battle. My job is making sure we win each one that comes our way. I trust my cousins to protect your friends... Besides, they beat that son of a gun, Tsubaki. They'll be fine. I want you to focus on you. It's not healthy." He grabs a small bag, "Come on now, let's go house hunting."

Kyoko looked at Merlin as tears welled up in her eyes, "You know... sometimes I dont know why you're the Servamp of Battle. I think parenting would suit you more." She giggled. She picked herself up and they both left the room, laughing.