His Eyes

A/N: Just minor changes in this one :) Feel free to read it again if you like!

The next day, Kyoko had spent half the day with her parents, though, she didn't say anything about knowing the Alicein family. After she had returned back to the mansion, she started to get ready for Licht's performance.

"I'm back!", Kyoko opened the door to Mikuni's old room. "Hey Kyoko-san! What did your parents say about the house I brought you to?", asked Mahiru. "Well, they said it was okay. They kept asking why I was so insistent on staying there though, hehe.", Kyoko giggled, she put her bag down and went to shower.

Mahiru and Tetsu were trying out the suits Misono's maids brought them. Meanwhile, Merlin and Misono were playing chess together. "hm.. You're surprisingly good at this game...", Misono pondered his next move. "Why is it surprising?", Merlin asked as he leaned back. "You seemed more like a brute fighter-" "I'm not some stupid brute fighter. You think I dont think before I fight? Every move is calculated in here," Merlin abruptly interrupted as he knocked his fist on his head.

After stepping out of the shower, Kyoko started to dry her hair. She sat by Merlin and Misono, watching them play their game. The room was quiet... With only the sound of the chess pieces being moved. The clock ticked quietly as Mahiru and Kuro laid on their mattresses, waiting for the time to pass. Tetsu was seated with Hugh next to his coffin while Kyoko watched Merlin and Misono move their final pieces.

"Checkmate.", Merlin smirked as he leaned back into the chair, clearly satisfied at his victory, "You're not bad kid. But today, it's my victory." Misono grunted, "Ah.. it was my loss." He crossed his arms with his eyes closed, he looked like he was replaying the game in his mind, thinking of what he could've done differently. Kyoko chuckled lightly as she got up and gave Misono a head pat, "It's okay Misono, now that you've seen some new tactics, you can use and learn how to counter them." "A-ah... I get it..", Misono looked away, still disappointed at his loss.

"Oh, yeah, Ko-chan, the maids prepared a dress for you to wear to Licht's performance.", Merlin pointed over to the wardrobe. "Ah, thanks!", Kyoko made her way over and opened the wardrobe. Inside, a pale green, knee length dress was hung up. It looked simple and fluttery, just how she liked it.

"Ah who picked the dress?? It's perfect!", Kyoko gasped as she took it down, admiring it. "Licht-san did, surprisingly.", stated Mahiru as he sat up. "Eh..??", she looked at him, confused. "Yeah, he and Hyde were bickering about something at around 6 am in the morning... Turns out Hyde was teasing Licht about staring at a dress in a store yesterday before they came here. So, in the end Hyde bought the dress without Licht knowing.", Mahiru sighed remembering the noise they were making. "Does he know now..?", Kyoko asked as she walked towards the bathroom. "No, Lawless said you should wear it as a surprise.", said Hugh from the other side of the room.

Kyoko chuckled softly, "Ah..? Really? Oh well.." She closed the bathroom door and tried the dress on. After some time, she opened the doors slowly, "So, how do I look?" "Oh Kyoko-san it looks great on you!", Mahiru smiled. "Ah, looks good. That green suits you.", stated Misono as he grabbed his own suit to change into. "I wonder how he knew what my favorite color is...", Kyoko did a small twist and turn to see how the dress flowed behind her, blushing lightly at the thought of Licht.

"Hmph, sounds pretty creepy to me.", smirked Merlin as he also got ready to change. "Maybe you can ask him when we get to his concert.", said Mahiru, chuckling. "We can't go in the hall, so we'll be backstage with Lawless and Kranz. Kyoko, you and Merlin will be seated in the crowd, keep an eye out for subclasses of Nyx. After the performance, it's likely that they will find out that we're leaving tonight, it'll give them a big rush.", Misono grinned a little. "You sound like you're having fun." Kyoko smiled. "Being able to counter someone's plan is always thrilling.", Misono pouted.