Lost in the Concrete Jungle

Kyoko rushed towards the train with a backpack and a luggage. This is the last train to the city... we can't miss it!  "Merlin! Stop being dead weight and help me with this luggage!",Yelled Kyoko, while running. "Fine fine!"whined Merlin as he picked up the luggage and Kyoko and ran to the train. The pair quickly boarded the train just in time, this was going to be a long ride. Kyoko gave out a sigh of relief when they found their seats. She relaxed into her seat and yawned, it was about a 4 hour ride to the city so she slowly leaned back and tried to sleep. Merlin however was much too hyper to even relax. It was really dark so looking out the window didnt really do much.

Merlin looked over to Kyoko before letting her rest on his shoulder. He knew how it felt to lose someone who had taken care of you after so many years. He leaned back and thought about what he had been doing before he met Kyoko's grandmother. Oh yeah... Killing, wars, fights. 

After a few hours the train stopped and Kyoko and Merlin both got off. Kyoko grabbed a map of the city before making their way down the stairs and into the concrete jungle. Kyoko stared in awe at how tall the buildings were and that at this time so many people were walking around. She continued to walk around aimlessly with Merlin on her shoulder, trying her best to read the map. She soon found herself lost in a sea of crowds and cars, she even tried to ask for directions but most of the people didnt really bother helping or gave her really confusing directions. She continued to wander for almost an hour, before getting tired and sat down on a bench at the side of the street. Merlin flew off and returned as his "human" form and sat next to Kyoko. "So any luck with the map?", he asked. "Why are city maps so hard to read? I cant even tell which lines are the roads.",complained Kyoko, before closing the map. Kyoko sighed. Just then, something caught Merlin's eye. It was a boy, he looked normal, orange shirt and grey shorts. Big brown eyes and brown hair. But what really caught his attention was the cat on his head. It looked... way too familiar. 

"Hey, Ko-chan, stay here for a bit alright? I, uh, need to check something out." Kyoko was too focused on the map again that she didnt hear him. Merlin stood up and walked over to the boy. "Uh hey, excuse me.." The boy turns around and looks up at him. Merlin leans in and stares intently. "U-uh.. sir? Is there something i can help you with..?" The boy asked, confused. Merlin then replied," Yeah, actually, can u wake your cat up?" The boy looked even more weirded out but proceeded to follow his instructions. "Hey, Kuro! Kuro wake up!" The cat's eyes slowly opened,"Mahiru... im tired... let me sle-" The cat then looked up and noticed the man in front of him."Oh...Itoko. Hi." "E-Eh??!!", Exclaimed the boy. "Itoko?! You mean this guy is your cousin?!" The boy started to freak out. Merlin chuckled. "Hey! Merlin! Is something wrong?", said Kyoko as she walked toward them. "Who's this?" "Oh! heh, right, this is Sleepy ask of sloth, my cousin.",answered Merlin, not noticing the fact that the boy was still freaking out. "Another servamp huh? Nice to meet you! Are you his eve?", asked Kyoko as she extended her hand out to shake. The boy started to calm down and shook hands with Kyoko. "Uh.. yeah. My name is Shirota Mahiru." "My name's Ikeda Kyoko! This is my servamp, Blade of battle or just, Merlin." Mahiru calmed down and smiled,"Its nice to meet you!" Kyoko noticed this boy's smile, it was so bright and warm.  

The two pairs walked down the street, the Eves talking about their servamps as the Servamps caught up with each other. Kyoko was so glad that she had made a friend so quickly in the city, in fact it was better than what she had imagined. "Oh, since you have a servamp... I guess that i have to introduce you to the others as well." Said Mahiru. "Wait there are more?!",exclaimed Kyoko. "yeah like another four.", replied Mahiru. Kyoko grinned, she could possibly make more friends and not having to hide the fact that she has a Servamp with them. Mahiru had walked them all they way to the hotel before exchanging number with Kyoko and leaving. Kyoko also noticed how nice and different Mahiru is. She cant help but smile thinking about him, he was just too... adorable and nice. The battle pair checked into their room and met up with Merlin's two subclasses, Delano Boswell and Kaede Sachi. 

"You two sure took your time..",said Kaede. "Yeah sorry, Merlin was walking around the farm naked again rambling about something." "Hey you put my clothes at the wrong bathroom!" "Dont blame this on me Merlin!" Delano lifted his sunglasses," At least you two are here, i was getting worried." "Dont worry, we met another eve on the way and he helped us get here!", Kyoko was clearly getting excited again. "Hey now, dont get too pumped up its three in the morning and you need rest.", said Delano as he walked towards the door," you two get some rest, we'll see you in the morning." "See ya tomorrow guys!", yelled Kaede before closing the door. Kyoko got changed and laid down on the bed, soon letting her sleepyness take over.