Day with the Eves

Kyoko followed mahiru and the group to a quiet cafe close by, but she couldnt help notice Tetsu's coffin and the butterfly on Misono's head. She realised how different each Eve really is, by appearance, personality and of course the one thing she was most interested in, their fighting style. As they entered the cafe, Tetsu opened his coffin, letting out a small bat which poofed and out came a small vampire. The small vampire had on a tall hat and wore very typical vampire suit. He didnt seem to more than a meter tall. The other Servamp that soon revealed himself was a tall, blonde man. He had longish hair and looked quite feminine. His sleeved started to slip off when Misono threw something at him yelling, "Dont strip Lily! Especially in front of a girl!" Lily, his name was, chuckled and picked up Kyoko's hand giving it a kiss. Kyoko smiled and said, "Nice to meet you too." Only to feel a strong protective grip on her shoulder. "Merlin..? What are you doing?" "You stay away from her Lust!", Merlin hissed. But all he did was chuckle and smile before making his way back to Misono.

The group sat down before it was flooded with questions and conversations. The servamps were catching up with each other more while the Eves were making small talk. "Hey, Licht-san, you know... My grandmother was a fan of yours, she loved your piano.", said Kyoko, wanting to strike up a conversation with the boy. Licht lifted his arms up, striked a pose and said, "I am an angel who was sent to purify this world with my music." Kyoko was a little stunned by what he did, finding him a bit self absorbed. Kyoko looked down, a bit saddened, that's when Lawless gave her a small pat on the back, "Dont mind him really, he's a little insensitive.." "Oh.. its alright.", replied Kyoko. Kyoko, trying again, sat back up and took a deep breath. "How old are you?" Licht gave her a strange look, before looking away and muttering ," Eighteen." Mahiru and Misono both stared at Kyoko.

"What's wrong...? is there something on my face?", asked Kyoko, concerned. "No, it's just that... how do you do that? Get him to talk... Normally." Asked Misono. "Well... i guess... you just have to keep trying.", grinned Kyoko happily. Kyoko looked over to the Servamp's table where everyone was just so happy to see each other again, except kuro who was just sleeping with his head on the table. Merlin poofed into his falcon form and flew over to Kyoko. "Do you have my seeds? Im hungry and the food is taking a while." Licht's attention seemed to turn to the falcon, "Oh... mr bird..." His hands slowly reached out to pet merlin. "Hey dont touch me Angel boy! And i'm a falcon! Not some bird for your information.", Merlin was getting uncomfortable. "Mr falcon, are you hungry? I have some bread in my backpack." Kyoko turned her attention to his backpack. How did she not notice  the angel wings? Licht asked Lawless to take the bread out of his backpack, then he broke the bread into small bits and put them onto the palm of his hands, beckoning Merlin to eat. "What am I a pet? Though... I am a hungry..." Merlin slowly moved towards Licht's hand and eats from it, pecking the bread bits. Kyoko giggled and watched Merlin eat from the Angel's hand.

The waitress walked over with two trays and placed the food on the tables, Kyoko was astonished by the food. It looked so different compared to the food that her grandmother used to cook. "Have you been to the city before, Kyoko-san?", asked Misono who was observing her reaction. "Oh, not really. Never had a reason to.", she replied as she took a bite. The food was a little more oily than she expected but she dug in anyway. Kyoko looked up and out the window, watching the cars and people go by, however, there was something else in the distance. The lady in the cloak. Kyoko stood up abruptly, her heart pounding as she watched the lady turn away and disappear into the crowd. "Kyoko-san..? are you alright?", Kyoko turned to Mahiru and slowly sat down, "Yeah... I just though i saw something, that's all." Brushing it off, she continued to eat her food. 

For the rest of the day, Kyoko had the feeling of being followed as she hung out with group. She was always looking around from time to time. As the sun began to set the Servamps turned back into their normal forms. Mahiru noticed Kyoko's alertness and tried to find out what was making her so nervous. "Hey... Kyoko-san, you've been very... on edge huh? Is there something wrong?" "Yeah, you have been very quiet and jumpy.", piped in Misono from behind. Kyoko stopped walking, the group pausing along with her. Kyoko looked at all their concerned faces and slowly turned to her right, spotting the cloaked lady once again. Kyoko pushing Lawless who was blocking the way, ran toward the lady. As she ran, blinking a few times and realising that the lady had disappeard again. Damn it... She continued looking around frantically when she felt something sharp cut her leg. "Gah!", Kyoko fell as she held her bleeding thigh. "Ko-chan!", yelled Merlin as he rushed over. "Ko-chan are you alright?! What happened?!" Merlin looked over to where she was bleeding. The rest of the Eves and Servamps rushed over as well.

Tetsu helped Kyoko up and asked, "Does it hurt really bad?" "No.",said Kyoko, brushing her injuries off as usual. "It looks like a really deep cut... are you sure?", aske Mahiru, with his big brown eyes, concerned. "What happened?!", great... Merlin was starting to raise his voice. "N-nothing.. it's fine." Kyoko stood up. "You know, we will never know the problem if you keep quiet.", said Misono, examining the wound carefully," look, there's another mark here." Misono pointed at her lower thigh, where it looked like a piece of her jeans were torn out. "Wait... when did that happen?", asked Kyoko as she looked down at it. Misono motions Lily to come over, "Take a photo of the mark. I think i've seen it in one of the books at home." Lily did what he was told. "Have any of you seen it before...?", asked Kyoko. The servamps all looked at each other, shaking their heads. The mark looked like a beetle. "What did you see?", asked Hugh. Kyoko started explaining about the time from breakfast till then. The Eves and Servamps sat around her listening carefully. 

"So.. there's this lady following you and you feel like she's bad news?", asked Lawless. Licht slapped him from the back of his head, "All demons are bad news." "Hey! What makes you think she's a demon?!", Lawless retaliated. "Well i know she's not human. Her eyes..", Kyoko pointed at her own eyes, "They were red like a vampire's." There was a moment of silence before Mahiru stood and said," Don't worry Kyoko, we will definitely keep an eye out for her and if we find anything, we'll tell you." "Thanks Mahiru..", Kyoko was helped up by Tetsu and Merlin. "It's getting dark we should start heading back. Don't worry Kyoko, we'll walk you back to the hotel!", said Lawless. Kyoko smiled as she and Merlin followed to Greed pair back, after waving goodbye to the other Eves. 

The streets were dark and there were lesser people. Merlin and Lawless seemed to be having their own conversation. "So you're Lawless of greed's eve right?" Kyoko noticed that Licht expression changed into a disgusted one. "Hey... do you give out autograghs..? You see my grandmother was fan and i was hoping if-" "No." "oh.... alright then.", Kyoko took another deep breath. Geez... i guess some eves arent as nice. "I can tell that you like animals. Maybe when i visit my farm again you could come", she said quietly. Licht's expression changes again and he asks, "What kind of animals are there on the farm?" "Plenty, like sheep, horses. Sometimes some birds like to pay a visit.", Kyoko was a little surprised at how such a boy like him would have a soft spot for animals, "Heck sometimes when i play the guitar, the birds will sing along with me.",said Kyoko smiling at the memory. "You play the guitar...?", asked Licht. "Yeah.. i would say im quite good with it." "You should show me sometime.", Licht turns away after he made that statement. 

Kyoko and Merlin soon reach their rooms exhausted from the day, Kaede helped patch Kyoko's wound up. "Hey Delano..? Did you bring my guitar?" "Hm yeah, wouldnt go anywhere without it.", he said as he passed it to her. Kyoko smiled at the thought of Licht asking her to play. Perhaps the two just needed to warm up to each other...

Licht sat in the lobby waiting for Lawless to come back, his mind still thinking about the conversation he had earlier. He never really noticed that he had hurt the girl's feelings, but he did notice the way she would take a deep breath and try to talk to him even when he tried to brush her off. Was... she trying to befriend him? From the way she acted, he could tell that she was a hard worker like him, and he respects her for it. He thought to himself as he stared into the space before him, not noticing a dark figure walk behind him and into the elevator.