Our Wrongs

A/N: This chapter contains major changes!! Please read through in case you might now understand certain things that happen in the future!!

The next day, they were all gathered in Kyoko and Merlin's room, ready to hear what Kyoko had to say. She was still wrapped in her blanket since she was still sick. "So, what did you want to tell us...?", asked Mahiru as he sat down next to her. Kyoko smiled before she took a deep breath, "Well... You guys have been so... friendly, generous and nice to me. Yesterday when I ran off, you guys came looking for me. I... really don't know what I'd do if I never met... all of you.", she paused and looked at each face around her.

Most of their faces had concerned expressions on them, Licht had the same scowl on his face, but his eyes seemed softer. Merlin was sitting next to Lawless, holding his thumb up, encouraging her to keep going, whatever happens, he'll be there for her.

Kyoko continues, "But... Yesterday when I was out, I met Tsubaki and-" "Tsubaki?! Ugh really?", Lawless crossed his arms, before getting nudged by Merlin. "Yeah, Tsubaki... And we talked for a bit... I feel that I should tell you, but Tsubaki raised a point that if you guys were to hear about it, you'd leave me.... But I have made the choice to tell you guys."

As Kyoko told them about what happened, Mahiru was shocked that someone like Kyoko could be able to feel so murderous toward anyone, which made him think back on when his friend, Sakuya turned out to be vampire as well, and that he nearly killed him. I guess when someone is scared, angry or confused, they do things that they regret later. However, he realised something, that Kyoko kept repeating about how she didn't feel bad about doing what she did.

"So, I get it if you're mad or upset... I just wanted to tell you guys before you decide to work with someone like me...", Kyoko looked down, avoiding eye contact with any of them. "Kyoko-san, you know, we did kill those subclasses that attacked us at Misono's mansion.", Lawless pointed out. "I know... but we killed them because they attacked us... I... Hunted those subclasses for two years, and killed them terribly, I still don't feel anything for them... even now. I'm a mons-" "Stop it.", Licht interrupted, "You're letting that demon get into your head. You are not a monster. Never were."

"Yeah... Kyoko-san... You see, I nearly killed my best friend last time... I wasn't thinking right, neither were you... You can't keep beating yourself up because of what you did, or you'll never move on... Like you said, the past is the past.", Mahiru put a hand on her shoulder, "And Kyoko-san... You don't have to lie about how you feel you know...?"

Kyoko blinked, confused about what he said, "Lie...?" "Yeah... I can tell, and I think we can all tell...," Mahiru looked around the room at everyone, "You're lying to yourself." Licht closed his eyes and sighed. Merlin looked down, someone finally told her... Kyoko felt tears welling up in her eyes. "You kept saying... "I don't feel anything, I felt nothing, I didn't even feel bad." But all those... Were all lies right?"

She blinked more, feeling the tears run down, but the more she tried to hold back, the more it ran. "I... I...", she looked away, trying to blink the tears back, but to no avail. In the end, her tears came flowing down as she whimpered softly.

"You... feel terrible, don't you? Kyoko-san! You feel absolutely terrible right?", Mahiru continued as he also felt his eyes water a bit. Kyoko had completely broken down in front of everyone, crying and whimpering as she tried to wipe her tears off her face. "And that's why you lie to yourself. You wanna be strong so you can protect us... Kyoko-san...! Well, you are so strong already, sometimes, you need a break too you know... and aren't we all eves and servamps here... We'll always be here for you!", Mahiru pulled out another of his bright smiles, making Kyoko feel even more relieved and actually... so happy, she started crying more.

Mahiru had just realised how she started crying more, he didn't really know what to do but he wanted to go over to her and give her a hug but... he heard someone shift behind him. Before he could fully turn his head, Licht quietly walked past him and over to Kyoko. He knelt down next to her, handing out a small piece of candy he had taken from the mint bowl at the counter earlier. She looked up at him, sniffling, but smiling so widely. She pulled him into a hug instead, startling him and everyone around. He placed his hand on her back, leaning his head a little onto hers, still a little tense.

Mahiru and the others were surprised by Licht gesture to try comforting her, he was never one to really care about things like these but, this was different with Kyoko. Hyde smiled mischievously as Merlin grunted grumpily. Mahiru sighed of relief while Misono and Lily smiled. Kuro sighed too, but out of exhaustion. Tetsu was quite relieved, in the end, we went to fetch the entire mint bowl for Kyoko, only to have Licht take more candy.

Merlin smiled, about time she figured all this out, "Took you long enough, you're quite slow when it comes to your emotional needs." "What's that supposed to mean?", Kyoko sniffed as she wiped her tears. "You're terrible at your own needs." Merlin said bluntly. "The only thing I'm questioning now is why Tsubaki would provoke her like this...," Misono commented. "Ah, Tsubaki's a pretty complicated guy, I wouldn't think too much about it", Lawless made his way to the door, "Now, we just gotta do something about Nyx. So, don't worry too much Kyoko-san, if you feel like a monster, just remind yourself that Merlin exists." He snickered. "Hey!!", Merlin yelled, ready to pounce onto him.

Kyoko laughed lightly at the two of them, when she got caught off guard by Kyle who placed his hand on her shoulder, "I'm really sorry... and I want to help as much as I can!" Kyoko nods, firmly placing her hand on his, "Ah, don't worry about it... and... Thank you... It must be quite scary to face Nyx too huh?" Kyle laughed, "Oh... It definitely is but, I trust you." Kyoko smiles and blushed lightly at his words, never in her life had she heard these words 'I trust you' being directed to her. Licht was seated next to her, glaring at Kyle while he had a mint in his mouth.

"Well, I'm glad you feel better, Kyoko-san!" Mahiru smiled brightly as he stood and picked up Kuro. "Ah we only have day left here, I wanna go into the hot springs again!!", Lawless whined. "Hmm... well I guess we could that. We were here for Mahiru's injuries too as well.", Misono stated, "Oh well, Lily, Céline, let's go." The Lust pair and Céline left the room, along with Tetsu, who had to tend to other tourists and visitors. "Sorry Ko-chan you can't get into the water; you might spread your cold." Merlin pat her heard, before heading into their bathroom to change into his yukata.

"I could stay here if you want! I... don't really feel comfortable in hot springs...", Kyle chirped. "Oh... sure if you want to. There's nothing much to do though.", Kyoko smiled gratefully at the subclass, he reminded her a little of Delano. "Come on Licht-tan! ~ Let's go join the rest!!", Lawless sped out of the room. "Oi! Slow down shit rat!", Licht walked after him, he turned around to glance at Kyoko quickly before speeding up after Lawless. Merlin had gotten out of the bathroom as well, "Hey, you keep an eye on her okay? Come on Mahiru, Itoko." The three walked off, Mahiru waving before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.