{8}~Spars & Scars~

JARON nodded and went to undress. So obedient. This wasn't the first time Dom had noticed how simply Jaron followed to what he was told. He had also notice Jaron's lack of decision when it came down to matters. At first meet, Dom had suspected Jaron would be a handful, just dead weight on his back.

Oh how wrong he'd been. On the other hand, Jaron had many redeeming qualities. Over time, Dom had come to learn that Jaron's trusting personality and knack for following lead was in fact a much unforeseen stronger trait than primarily assumed. Over the years, Jaron's loyalty and powerful skill had pulled Dom out of much deep trouble.

In hindsight, Dom wasn't sure it would've worked out between them as it had if Jaron had been any different. Dom himself liked control and fighting for it, or over it wasn't something he would enjoy.

Dom wasn't sure why or how Jaron had turned out to be this way. He knew not much of Jaron's past for they never talked about those kinds of things. As kids, it had been about surviving and they'd done that together. Now, they grown distant and Dom wasn't sure whether he wanted to or even knew how to be Jaron's friend again.

Dom walked to left one of the doors on either side of the room. The room had two adjoining doors, one leading to his bedroom and the other to the gym. Very convenient.

He walked into his bedroom and closed the door behind him. He doubted Jaron would change in his office and decided to give him time to go search out workout clothes.

For such a boss known for his ruthlessness and ability to skillfully kill without remorse, he would be a laughing stock to anyone who could see him right now. So much for ruthlessness.
He was ruthless, just Jaron seemed to know how to undo him without trying. His one weakness and it was the most lethal thing he owned.

Even Jaron's coworkers weren't exposed to how dangerous Jaron was. They knew he possessed skill. They didn't know the rest. No one did. Not even Dom or Jaron himself. Dom has had to assume a lot of things from what he'd seen of Jaron. Hell, the first time he'd seen Jaron's ability to withstand pain, he'd been blown away. Jaron had been shot in the leg, another bullet having grazed his bicep. Jaron had continued to limp and aim the gun at the criminal as if he didn't have a bloody leg with a bullet shot through it. Dom had been there because it had been one of the instances that needed traveling. He'd been the only one to witness it and it had made him so proud. So fucking turned on.

Sighing, he pulled out black shorts and a matching shirt. He put them on and walked out to the office.

Upon finding it empty, he decided he'd wait in the gym. Walking into the next room, he was beyond surprised to witness the back of a half naked Jaron. Shit.

He stood frozen at the door. When had he evolved into a horny teen. Never being ashamed this much at his acts, not even while crying as a kid in front of Jaron, he fought his instincts.

Jaron bent forward to pick up the 40lb dumbbells sitting on the soft grey mat built into the floor. Jaron pulled each arm up, one at a time.

Dom hadn't even gotten around to absorbing his surprise and confused emotions. Thankfully, Jaron hadn't heard him so he had time. At least he thought so.

The way the muscles on his back contracted as he moved, forming and reforming. Dom was struck speechless. He obviously knew he had muscles but this was something else. Probably because it was Jaron. Lost in the the smooth planes of Jaron's back, it took a while for the many white scars to register.

Tons of them. Littered across his back in all lengths, shapes, and sizes. Well fuck.

He must have let out a noise because Jaron turned wide eyed.