twenty-nine

AMARA

I gulped as Harry's hands reached behind his head, pulling his black t-shirt off and flinging it onto the side. My eyes fell on the two swallows tattooed on his chest, my knees almost buckling at how fit his body was. Harry was truly beautiful, and it made me wonder if he'd commit to a relationship if he didn't have such a demanding job.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" The sentence left my mouth before I could stop it, my conscience punching me repeatedly. He seemed taken aback by the question, his face not holding much emotion.

"Not a serious one, no," Harry pinched his bottom lip between his thumb and forefinger, sending me a confused look. He probably wondered why I'd asked such a random question, but I didn't blame him.

"Not serious as in pre-school relationships, where you'd break up with them if they were seen giving another girl a drawing of theirs?"

"I've never been in a relationship, Amara. I've only ever been with girls intimately," Harry's sentence shocked me, I didn't really expect him to reveal that to me. I knew what he meant by intimacy, and it made me ache. "And a guy," he added, a smirk on his face.

"Why haven't you been in a relationship?"

"No girls interested me before," Harry spoke quietly, so I could only just hear him from the other side of the pool. I pushed through the water in order to get closer and hear him better, my arms slashing the water crazily as I swam near him.

"And now?"

"I'm still trying to figure that out," Harry mumbled it quietly, making anger bubble up in my stomach. Does he mean he has a girl he's set his eyes on? The thought made me mad, even though I had no reason to be.

I watched as Harry leaned further into the wall of the pool, his arms resting on the edge behind him. The thought of him with another girl stirred emotions in my stomach, and I wish I could stop them. Because before I knew it, I was proposing an idea without even thinking of the consequences.

"Do you miss it?" My mouth seemed to have a mind of its own, biting down on my lip to stop it from moving.

"Miss what?" Harry tilted his head at me, his eyes narrowing as they stared at my nervous state.

"The intimacy," I mumbled, regretting it when his face fell. I tried covering up, adding on before he could answer. "I mean, we've been on the road for awhile."

"It doesn't bother me," Harry's gaze didn't falter from me, his eyes sprouting confusion. I'd be confused too, if a girl began asking me about my sex life.

"Are you sure?" My confidence got the best of me, my body pushing out of the water to be level with Harry's slouched position as I stood a few feet away from him. I knew what I was doing was a bit out there, but it was Harry, and I was willing to take the risk.

"Amara, what are you-"

"We're both the only company each other is gonna get for awhile I presume, and it's been awhile already. This could benefit both of us," my hand rested on Harry's abdomen as I stood directly in front of him now, moving it up his chest and behind his neck.

"Amara, you should think about what you're trying to say," it was the first time I'd seen Harry nervous. I'd seen him on the verge of bursting a blood vessel, and visibly shaken up, but I'd never truly seen him nervous until now.

"It wouldn't have to mean anything," I whispered, my lips coming into contact with his collarbone. I pressed my lips into the wet surface, biting down on the surface gently. I heard Harry suck in a breath, before breathing it out shakily.

"I'm not having sex with you."

"Take a risk, Harry," I made eye-contact with him as my hand wandered under the water, travelling down his lower stomach.

"Amara, I'm not having sex with you," Harry raised his voice, pushing my body from his before my hand reached its destination. I didn't know whether I felt embarrassed or upset that Harry rejected my offer, maybe both.

"It wouldn't mean anything," I shot back. I didn't want to push him into anything, I was just getting defensive now.

"What if I'd want it to mean something!" Harry shouted back, his mouth closing tightly after the words came out.

"What?" I froze, dumbfounded. Harry looked away, hoisting himself out of the pool. My widened eyes followed him as he walked inside, not bothering to dry his body before going in. I eventually got out of the pool, the water now feeling too cool and icky. My hands wrapped the towel around my body as I walked in the villa, spotting the second bedrooms door closed.

I dragged my feet to my bedroom slowly, hoping Harry's door would open any second now. When it didn't, I walked into my room and closed the door. Once I'd showered and changed, a nap sounded amazing. I was too humiliated to leave my room and face Harry.

I gulped loudly as my finger pressed the button on my phone, a notification from a blocked number popping up onto my screen. My hands shook as I opened the text, tears brimming my waterline as I read it over.

Remember this? You were so good for me that night.
M.

I switched my phone off as a knock sounded from the outside of my door, bringing my wrist up to wipe the tear that's fallen down my cheek

I switched my phone off as a knock sounded from the outside of my door, bringing my wrist up to wipe the tear that's fallen down my cheek. Max had invaded my privacy by keeping that photo. I'd demanded he delete it as soon as he took it, and he told me he had.

"Are you crying?" Harry's deep voice made me flinch, surprised when I saw him standing outside my room. His eyes softened when I looked at him, shaking my head. "Is this about what I said?"

"No, I just miss home," I lied, blinking my eyes furiously to get rid of the pesky tears that kept appearing. I huffed as another escaped, the weight of everything happening this past month pushing at me.

"I can tick seeing you cry off my bucket list," Harry joked, making me let out a hideous laugh. I felt him sit beside me on the bed, the mattress dipping to my right.

"Are you sure that's what's wrong?" Harry murmured, his hand resting on my cheek as his thumb wiped away another tear that'd fallen. In that moment, I contemplated telling Harry about the texts. Harry could help me, couldn't he? If Max knew I told Harry, he'd release the pictures to anybody I know. The pictures he'd sent already weren't even close as bad to the others on his phone. If he hadn't deleted the other pictures I'd told him to, he'd have a whole gallery of provocative pictures of me embedded into his phone. But after thinking of these, I came to a decision, not knowing if it was the right one, but hoping to god it was.

"Yes."