thirty-three

AMARA

"So how long have you been sleeping with my lad?"

"W-what?" I choked, coughing loudly as Louis stared at me. I bent over slightly, hitting my chest as my coughs died down. "I am not sleeping with Harry."

"You were in his bed," Louis continued his shopping, resuming his talking, "I mean, I don't blame you, love. Harry is-"

"Louis!" I squealed before he could continue, sending him a crazed look. "I promise you, we only sleep in the same bed. Nothing more." I couldn't help the disappointment that laced my voice, and I think Louis noticed it because he dropped the conversation completely.

I struggled to get my phone when it notified me of a text, due to the many bags I was holding in my hands. Louis and I had gone overboard with the shopping, and we were finally heading home. I unlocked my iPhone when I grabbed it, halting when the text loaded.

I miss seeing you like this,
Do you remember what happened in that sauna?
- M x

"Amara?" Louis' voice broke me from my bubble, my feet picking up again to keep up with him

"Amara?" Louis' voice broke me from my bubble, my feet picking up again to keep up with him. "What was that about?"

"Oh, nothing. A friend just...texted me something that happened at home," I brought up, locking my phone so Louis couldn't see the picture Max had sent. Louis bought it, picking up his pace as we walked into the lobby of his apartment complex.

Max was ruthless, and I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't tell Louis, he'd tell Harry. I didn't want anybody to see those images, they were far too private and he was meant to delete them, now he's using them against me.

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been oddly quiet since that text came through," Louis glanced at me as he unlocked his front door, pushing it open to let us in.

"I'm fine," I smiled at him, dropping the bags as soon as we walked in. I sighed as the weight of the bags was gone, marks covering my wrists from the bags resting on them. "Shopping is deadly."

"I can't disagree with you on that one," Louis joked, flopping onto the couch as he turned the TV on. Louis switched the channels until he found That 70's Show playing, leaning back into the couch.

"Is that you and Harry?" My jaw dropped as I stared at the photo in the frame, picking it up in my hands from its spot on the glass table in front of the couch.

"It is," Louis laughed loudly, leaning into me as we looked at the picture. It was pretty old, the pair looked very young. Harry was hugging Louis from behind, a wide smile on both their faces. The picture made me grin, Harry looking that happy being a pretty rare sight. (Picture above or to the side, depending on your device).

"You two look so happy," I said, smiling as Louis resumed his place back onto the couch.

"We dated, you know?" Louis smirked as my mouth dropped open in shock. Harry had told me he was bisexual, but I didn't know him and Louis had a thing.