sixty-five

warning: sad and made me cry while writing good luck

AMARA

"Hello?" I yelled inside the old house as the door opened itself from not being closed properly, stepping into the house when I got no response. I thought of Harry as I walked through the house, crossing my fingers that he was okay.

I gasped when I looked into a room, Harry's body slumped over in a chair, his ankles and hands tied together. I rushed to him, taking notice of how beaten up he was.

"Harry, baby," I whispered, pulling the rope off his wrists and legs as quick as possible. His body fell onto the floor in a heap when I was done, laying unconscious. I grabbed his chin, repeating his name to wake him. I smiled when his eyes squinted open, only to scream at the feeling of something hitting the back of my head.

"Amara," Harry groaned from his spot on the floor, holding my head as I turned around. I felt thick blood cover my hand as I pressed it into where the gun had smacked my head, now being pointed at me.

"You said you wouldn't hurt him if I came alone, I'm alone," I begged, regretting my decision of not telling the boys when a wicked smile spread across my mothers face.

"I'm going to kill him first, so you can watch. I will kill you after," my mother smirked as another person lingered behind her, my eyes squinting to make out who it was. I gave up when they scooted in the shadows, cowardly hiding themselves.

"He isn't dying, today, or ever," I said confidently, my confidence slowly diminishing as my mother cackled loudly.

"I'm pregnant," I blurted, hoping it would stop her from hurting us. Surely, she has some compassion. "There are two babies growing inside me, kill me after they're born, I am giving you permission. Please."

"I don't care about you, or your babies," she hissed, flicking her finger up at the person hiding in the shadows.

"You're having his children?" Max stepped forward, my words catching in my throat. "You betrayed me. We were meant to be together, we were meant to have a family. Not you and him!" He said his name with such disgust I flinched, my eyes wide at his obsessiveness. How did I not notice this at the beginning of our relationship?

"You betrayed me," I began, "you took those photos of me and spread them. You cheated on me, you gave up on us," I stopped when I noticed his anger growing.

"You love me, why are you letting her hurt me?" I asked Max, seeing my mother roll her eyes at my attempt at sucking up.

"Who do you think is the person that shot you at the apartment?" Max asked, my eyes widening in realisation. It was Max? I'd thought wrong about him, I assumed he would never hurt me, even if we were on bad terms. "If I cant have you, nobody can," Max shrugged as if it was as easy as deciding where to eat. I bit the inside of my cheek as I thought of lies, spitting them out.

"You can have me, we can raise these babies as our own," I tried persuading him, but he was smarter than I thought. He shook his head, not giving in to my lies. I tried positioning myself in front of Harry to protect his body as he laid unmoving, reaching into my jacket for the gun discreetly.

"I will never understand how you could be so cruel to kill your own blood," I spat at my mother, her careless shrug angering me.

"It's a shame two innocent babies have to die today," my mother pushed, trying to get a rise out of me. I would've happily given myself up for Harry, but I couldn't anymore considering I had babies inside me. I had to protect us all.

"I'll keep you alive long enough so you can watch him die," my mother smiled, aiming her gun at Harry's slumped over body. I whipped out my gun, pointing it to her.

"You shoot, I shoot," I clenched my teeth, aiming at her head. I took safety off before I could second guess, my finger hovering over the trigger. "This is for Zayn."

Gunshots echoed through the large house, my mothers body falling to the floor as a bullet laid in her skull, moving my gun to shoot Max. I gasped when his body tackled mine to the ground, knocking the breath out of me when I fell on my back.

"Get off," I groaned, reaching to grab my gun. His foot lowered onto my wrist, stepping on it so I couldn't grab the weapon. I screeched when his other foot kicked into my side, my free arm lowering to protect my stomach. I cried out as he stood on my stomach, hitting his legs as pain shot through my body.

I sighed in relief when a gunshot sounded, Max's body falling down beside me as blood poured from his skull. My head turn to Harry, the gun falling from his hand as he fell to the floor. I screamed loudly, feeling the most pain I'd ever felt as my eyes fell on Harry.

"Harry," I crawled beside him, tears rushing down my cheeks as I pressed my hands firmly into his chest. I cried painfully as his eyes opened, the green sticking out. I shook my head when his chest vibrated, blood spluttering from his mouth as he coughed. A trail of blood ran down the corner of his mouth as the red substance covered my hands.

"I love you," Harry forced a smile, his face showing pain seconds after. His hand reached up to my hands, gripping onto them as he coughed blood.

"Stay awake for me, okay? You have to stay awake, you have to meet our babies," I nodded enthusiastically at him, watching him nod back. There was sadness in his eyes, and I knew in that second that he was slowly leaving me.

"No," I wailed as Harry closed his eyes, pressing more pressure on his wound. I screamed as Harry's breaths slowed down, feeling my heart break in half. I yelled for help hysterically, hugging his body to mine. I screamed painfully when I no longer heard him breathing, getting onto my knees before pushing down on his sternum.

"Harry," I begged, my hands pushing down on his chest as I heard ambulance sirens in the distance. "They're coming Harry, you're going to be okay, baby."

I continued to perform CPR, my cries loud as I didn't notice him getting any better. He couldn't be gone, he was my other half. He was what kept me going, I couldn't survive without my other half.

"Please, Harry," I weeped, hearing footsteps rush into the house. "Come back to me," I begged, punching both my hands down onto his chest roughly. "I need you."