sixty-two

AMARA

1 month later

"Harry! Why can't you just let it go!"

"Amara! You bought a dog without telling me, you can't just think I'll let it go!"

"The both of you shut up, I sent the dog back to the store," Louis groaned as he walked inside, setting a bag down on the counter. I gasped at his words, not even noticing he'd taken the dog and left. Harry thanked him quietly, still glaring at me.

"How dare you-"

"Amara, we can't have a dog," Harry argued, running his hands over his face. I huffed loudly, stomping back into our room, locking the door behind me.

It's been a month since I found out I was pregnant. A month of hiding the pregnancy from both Louis and Harry. A month of hoping Harry would just think I was getting chubby. I knew I needed to tell them soon, I needed to go to the doctors and get vitamins and such. I was terrified of Harry leaving me. We'd been bickering regularly, he just blamed my anxiousness of my mother. Speaking of, she hadn't contacted us at all, it was like she fell off the face of the earth. We still didn't take risks, and hid as if she was lurking in the shadows.

Olivia and Elijah hadn't visited in weeks, they were helping my dad search for my mother and were travelling regularly. I missed Olivia, she was the only one who knew about my pregnancy.

"Are you mad at me?" I jumped when Harry spoke into my ear, not hearing him come in. I shook my head, turning onto my other side to face him. He was sitting on the bed, his upper half leaning next to me.

"I was being ridiculous," I admitted sheepishly, blushing when he nodded in agreement.

"It's nothing new," Harry teased, leaning down to kiss the tip of my nose. I scrunched up my face when he licked it, swatting him away.

"Lay with me?" I pulled Harry's arm, hugging it to my chest and pouting when he shook his head.

"I have to have a shower, I was working out before," Harry pulled his arm from my grip, standing up off the bed. I sighed while he grabbed his fresh clothing, walking into the ensuite.

I heard the shower turn on, missing Harry already. I always thought I was attached to Harry, but I was now full-blown clingy and getting worse the further I got into my pregnancy. If I wasn't with him, I was miserable and got a horrible attitude. I wanted to jump him every second, but I refused all his advances this week. My tummy was becoming noticeable, you couldn't tell I was pregnant but I had the smallest of bumps. I wasn't sure how far along I was, considering Harry and I never wore protection. I wasn't sure whether I got pregnant the first time we had sex, the second time or so on. I had no idea, and I needed to find out.

"Louis, stop stealing my fucking deodorant!" Harry yelled as he walked out of the ensuite and bedroom, a towel around his torso. I chuckled as Louis yelled back, the two bickering while Harry rummaged through the main bathroom loudly.

I gasped when I felt something stir in my stomach, lifting my shirt. It couldn't be the baby moving, I read somewhere that they started moving around 16-25 weeks, and it was impossible for me to be that far. I pressed my palm onto my stomach, sighing loudly.

"What are you doing?" I pulled my shirt down quickly when Harry appeared in the doorway, shrugging my shoulders at his curious eyes.

"I have a bellyache," I lied through my teeth, my heart beat quickening when Harry didn't look any less suspicious.

"Are you sure?" It wasn't until now that I realised Harry had something clutched in his fist, my stomach twisting when I recognised the betrayed look in his eyes.

"You're pregnant?" Harry asked casually, throwing the pregnancy tests that were clutched between his fingers onto the bed, my eyes staring at the two sticks. I pursued my lips, nodding slowly.

"I was going to tell you-"

"You should've told me the second you found out," Harry didn't look angry, he looked hurt and it was even worse than him being furious.

"I know. I was scared, only Olivia knows," I said, surprised by how calm he was. He disappeared into the main bathroom for a couple minutes, so I'm assuming he collected himself in there.

"Olivia knows? She hasn't been here for weeks-wait, when did you find out?" Harry had pulled on a pair of boxers, but he dropped his basketball shorts when he asked the second question.

"A month," I whispered, flinching when he cursed loudly.

"You didn't tell me you were fucking pregnant for a month?" Harry yelled, causing me to shush him, scared Louis would hear him. "You don't get to shush me. You kept this huge secret away from me for a whole month."

"I was scared," I cried out, tears brimming my eyelids when Harry threw the first thing he could grab at the wall, the deodorant can smacking the wall and dinting it.

"A baby won't survive in our world," Harry hissed, tugging the ends of his hair as his head leaned back. I shook my head at his obvious suggestion, he didn't say it verbally but it was clear what he was insinuating.

"I can't abort it, Harry. What if this is our only chance at having a baby? I'm meant to be infertile, remember?" I crawled off the bed, approaching his stressed state. I grabbed his hand from his hair, pressing it against my stomach. "This is our baby."

"I can't do this. I can't be a father! How can you imagine us having our own children when we'll probably be running for the rest of our lives!" Harry tore his hand away from my stomach, tugging on a pair of jeans and black shirt.

"You don't think we're gonna have a family in the future?" My voice was small as I asked, starting to feel pathetic at how I dreamt of having a family with Harry in the future. Harry hadn't even thought of our future.

"Amara, I-I can't be a father," Harry shook his head, appearing wild as he left the bedroom in a hurry. I followed behind him as he walked towards the front door, my heart breaking the closer he got to leaving.

"What are you doing?" My voice broke as he opened the front door, his figure lingering in the doorway. This is what I was terrified of happening. Harry was leaving me.

"I need to go, I'll be back," Harry frantically ran his fingers through his hair, closing the door on my face. I choked out a sob, leaning my weight onto the kitchen bench as I felt myself breaking.

"Amara?" Louis grabbed my body before it fell onto the floor, lowering me softly. My back leaned against the kitchen bench, my legs lifted to press into my chest as I rested my chin on my knees. "Where's Harry?"

"He left, i have to wait for him. He'll come back, h-he will come back," I repeated, silent tears falling onto my knees as I kept my eyes planted on the front door.

"Why did he leave?" Louis asked, sitting down next to me.

"I'm pregnant," It was the first time I'd said that, and I felt a weight lift off my shoulders immediately.

"He left you because you're pregnant? What a dick," Louis didn't seem surprised by my pregnancy announcement, sounding disappointed towards Harry.

"You knew," I pointed out, wondering why he took it so easily.

"I've seen how a pregnant lass works, I had my suspicions," Louis nodded, leaning his head on top of his mine while his arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"Will he come back?"

"Do you know Harry? He loves you far too much to not come back."