fifty-eight

AMARA

I was surprised when I woke up to see myself no longer pressed into Harry's back, his side of the bed cold. My arm was sprawled out beside me, already missing it's position around Harry's torso. I closed my eyes, pulling the blanket over my head as the door was opened.

"You awake?" I heard Harry whisper from the doorway, humming loud enough to let him know I was. I smiled widely when the blanket was tugged down to my chest, Harry's lips pressing into my temple softly. "Morning, baby."

I lifted my arms out in front of me, my eyes still closed as I waited for him to lift me up. I wondered what time it was, because it felt like morning but I assumed Louis would've woken us up to have dinner. Harry's hands cupped under my armpits, lifting my body to sit up, before he pulled me up by my waist. I felt like a child, but I was tired, and I loved having Harry's hands on me.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, resting my head against his chest as he walked, the ensuite door sliding open. I lifted my arms from clinging onto his biceps to behind his neck, frowning when I felt short hairs sprouting from the nape of his neck. My eyes shot open as Harry sat me down on the bathroom counter, my fingers gliding through his now short hair.

"You're bald," I gasped, ruffling the short hairs on his head. He looked so different, he looked sexy. I adored his longer hair, but I much preferred it like this.

"I'm not bald, Louis cut it," Harry laughed, his eyes showing worry when I examined him. He was absolutely breathtaking. "You don't like it, do you?"

"No, no, I love it. You look beautiful," I spoke softly, Harry breathing out a laugh as I pulled at the short strands. I wrapped my arms around his stomach, pulling him to me as I rested my head against his shoulder. I felt so attached to Harry, borderline clingy, and I wasn't sure why.

"What's wrong?" Harry cooed as I sniffled, a tear escaping my watery eyes. I wiped it away confusedly, wondering why I was so emotional.

"I just really really appreciate you. I must be close to getting my period. I'm not usually this emotional," I sighed, placing a quick kiss to the corner of his lips. His hands rubbed my arms comfortingly, before pulling up my shirt.

"You need to shower, your dad should be getting here soon," Harry spoke as he lifted my shirt above my head, throwing it into the laundry hamper. I jumped down from the counter to tug off my underwear, grinning when Harry appeared to be doing the same.

"I don't think I need you to shower me, but thanks," I joked, watching his expression turn amused as I switched the shower on.

"I'm not leaving my emotional girlfriend to shower by herself, I'd be a monster," Harry teased, stepping in after me. The grin on my face was hard to wipe off as Harry rubbed body wash all over me, pressing a kiss to my lips when he noticed me paying close attention to him.

——————

I changed into a floral summer dress when Harry and I finished changing, tugging a lavender cardigan over the top in case I got cold. Louis always seemed to have the temperature turned ridiculously low in this apartment, even if it was freezing outside. Harry was dressed in his usual black jeans, a red buttoned-up top covering his upper half.

I jumped when a loud knock sounded on the front door, Harry's hand grabbing mine to pull me out of our bedroom. Louis was standing in the kitchen, smiling at me as we passed him to get to the front door. I was shocked to see not only my dad, but also the Elijah guy, behind the front door after I opened it.

"Dad," I leaped at him, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. I felt him return the gesture, sighing my name in content. "It's so good to see you too."